Need to find a OB/GYN in Frederick or Mont. County, MD.

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Need to find a OB/GYN in Frederick or Mont. County, MD.

Postby mommytoaprincess » Mar 05, 2007 7:50 pm

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a Dr. who is familiar with HG in Frederick or Montgomery County, MD. My last Dr. was not so helpful or aggressive in treating my HG. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Angel
mommytoaprincess

Postby Proudmama » Mar 10, 2007 7:53 am

Although I cannot suggest a Doctor in your area, I can recommend a few tips for finding one.

1. Call around to your local OB offices (if you have insurance, start with the ones in your plan).

2. Tell the person answering the phone that you are trying to find a new OB who has knowledge of HG. Ask them to find out whether or not the Doctor has dealt with previous patients with HG before.

3. If you are told yes, set up an interview with the OB (most will do this free of charge).

4. Have a list of questions to ask the OB when you go for your interview. You need to be sure of their idea of aggressive treatment to get you through your pregnancy.

This is how I found my wonderful OB for my second pregnancy. He was very understanding and wrote me a script during the interview. He also told me how he would handle my treatment.

I hope this helps.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby mommytoaprincess » Mar 12, 2007 2:07 pm

Thank you so much!
Angel
mommytoaprincess

Postby Proudmama » Mar 12, 2007 10:18 pm

You are welcome :D .

Let me know how this works for you.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby smiliejen » Mar 19, 2007 1:56 pm

I know of some excellent ones in Baltimore County. Not sure exactly where in MD you are located or if you'd be willing to consider making the drive to the Timonium/Lutherville/Towson area. PM me if you are interested in their names.
smiliejen
Opinionated HGer

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment