Wonderful Attentive Doctor in the Chicago Suburbs...IL.

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Wonderful Attentive Doctor in the Chicago Suburbs...IL.

Postby missuniversal » Mar 13, 2007 10:50 am

This doctor was not my regular OBGYN, although i wish he was, but i did see him briefly while i was at my worst with HG. His name is Dr. Christopher A. Barbour and he works out of Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downer's Grove, IL. but also has offices in Lombard, IL. He is the absolute best doctor i have ever encountered and is so genuinely caring and attentive. He sat at my bedside in the hospital and offered to help find something to help alleviate my HG so that i could at least eat again. And he did. He tried many options with me and did not give up until we found one that helped enough for me to go home. I never had to return to the E.R. again thanks to him.

Dr. Barbour is the doctor who prescribed Zofran for me, saw to it that i stayed in the hospital until i was healthy enough to leave, gave me options, talked and listened to me, and also gave me the option of a home nurse for Zofran I.V. therapy. He also tried Reglan, Benadryl, Unisom, Compazine, Ambien, and offered to personally speak to my insurance to ensure the home nurse would be covered as a medical necessity. He also checked in on me personally each day that i was in the hospital and made me feel truely cared for. i would highly recommend him to anyone pregnant, with or without HG.
Dana
>HG Survivor<
*Ava Marae* *Born 9/16/2005*
ImageImage
missuniversal

Postby Proudmama » Mar 14, 2007 2:31 am

Thank you for the post about your wonderful Doctor. Did you put it in the HG Referral Directory as well? I am sure that we will have plenty of ladies who will benefit from your post.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby missuniversal » Mar 14, 2007 11:40 am

i did put his name into the doctor referral as well. i'm glad i could finally recommend him after so long since he treated me. he was truely one in a million when it comes to medical care.
i do hope it does help even just one person looking for a good obgyn.
Dana
>HG Survivor<
*Ava Marae* *Born 9/16/2005*
ImageImage
missuniversal

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment