hernando co. FL

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

hernando co. FL

Postby bmercer18 » Apr 21, 2005 12:12 pm

Hi I am new to this website. This is amazing. When I was in the hospital and they were explaining to me what is wrong with me I thought I had never heard of this. None of my family has had any problems with there pregnacy so its a bummer that my previous 2 prego's were full of hospital visits and preterm labor with 3 months of bedrest. I was suprised to find myself in the hospital so early this preg. I just couldn't believe I could ever be this sick.
The Midwife's were great when I was in the hospital. They didn't let me leave till I had held something down for 24 hours. It took 5 days but they were very patient. I just went back for my 9 week check and she was like unless you are getting sick 40 times a day I don't want to hear from you. I'm on Zofran which has worked so far. The past two days I'm not being able to hold food down. I told her when I have just taken the Zofran I try to get sick but it just is like I'm gagging (sorry to be so graffic). She was like good as long as you are holding food down sometimes thats great. I also explained that I was nausious(sorry on spelling) all the time. She was like I don't care it will be over in about 3 weeks. All the research I've done says it doesn't go away till 20 weeks. I don't know if I sould get a new doctor or just suck it up for a while longer. Also I lost 7 pds in 4 weeks. She was like oh well just drink a gallon of water a day to prevent me going into preterm labor again. I can barely drink a glass of anything a day. My husband says I'm making myself more sick by doing research and just takes a well it will pass soon attitude. I don't think he believes me that if I get anything done in the house its a miracle and how unbelievably sick I feel when I work. It is only 3 days a week but its horrible. The girls I work with are young and don't understand. They complain about there cramps and claim the can't do the walk through and seatings so they leave me to do it (I'm a hostess). I understand that I'm new but I think I should be given the benefit of the doubt. Sorry I'm so frustrated with everyone right know. I don't think anyone understands how I feel. Well, I was realy just asking if you think I need a new doctor or if I'm justing whining. Thanks for hearing me out. Sorry about the gramer errors I know I can't spell right know either. Thanks

Bonnie

First HG Preg.
Aaron 12 month
Zack 3 years
bmercer18

Postby Jolene » Apr 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Bonnie,

You are not alone with HG, I feel for you! I really think you should look into other doctors or widwives if possible. It isn't right that you are being treated like that! HG is a very serious disorder and should be taken seriously.

I know exactly where you are coming from, I found out yesterday I lost 7 pounds in two weeks. Don't worry, if you need to vent, this is the best place for you. Every woman on here knows how you feel.

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment