CAN ANYONE SUGGEST AN AUSSIE DOC?

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST AN AUSSIE DOC?

Postby chunkiemonkey » Jun 13, 2007 1:11 am

I live in Cairns in far North Queensland (Australia) - and I was wondering if there is anyone out there who can recommend a OBGYN who actually KNOWS something about HG...

DH and I are TTC again after a loss at 10 weeks in February - my sixth HG pregnancy (with only 2 babies out of those)... and we are getting nowhere with my lovely GP - he simply has no idea... DH and I would even be prepared to travel if needed - I want a PICC line and community nursing and TPN if needed and I just cant find anyone who is willing to do so (Australia is sooooooooooo far behind!)

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!
HUGS
Tiff :D
chunkiemonkey

Postby Atsie » Jun 16, 2007 8:54 pm

I am so sorry, I am just seeing this now.

Steve Mokrzecki, MD
Mater Medical Centre
Fulham Rd
Townsville, AUS QLD 4810
07 47282334

This is the only Dr on the referral network right now. And I know nothing about where he is in relation to you.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby chunkiemonkey » Jun 16, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks!

I am in Cairns - Townsville is only a 3 hour drive south of where I live!

Thats awesome - will give this guy a call... what is the 'referral network'?

Ta
Tiff :P :P
chunkiemonkey

Postby Atsie » Jun 17, 2007 12:38 am

At the top of the screen there is a a section for Mothers. After you click on there one of the things you can find is the refferal network. Women who have had great or even good care refer thier Dr so that other living in that area can find someone who will actually help instead of just hinder!

That is great that he nearish. Still a long drive but at least it is a starting point. If you want to try to find a Dr closer here is a list of questions to ask. http://www.helpher.org/mothers/referral ... doctor.php

Good luck with TTC!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment