*UPDATE* I have a lawyer

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

*UPDATE* I have a lawyer

Postby Tracy34 » Jun 22, 2007 7:47 am

*UPDATE* Nothing extraordinary to report. I had to leave work early on Friday and head to my Dr's office. They sent me to the hospital for IV hydration again. I had ketones in the urine. And I was out of the office again today (bad day with throwing). I'm not sure how this will affect my negative time. I'll just have to wait and see when I go in. Meanwhile, when I am out, I have tried to make up hours by taking work home on the weekends or staying late (with my boss's permission). I am trying the best I can.

On another note, it seems everyone around me (mother, babysitter, etc.) are all worried about every time I miss work because they feel I'm going to get fired. The stress is killing me. I'm trying to get through every day as best I can, without worrying about everyone else. It's just a no win situation for me. *END*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two days of trying to get an attorney to call me back, I am happy to report that I have a lawyer who wants to represent me. The first thing they want to do is help me file a charge with EEOC. My boss is suddenly pushing me to have an evaluation (written) and I know it's because he wants to document in writing that they have issues with my job performance, and claim to have had issues BEFORE I got pregnant (which is bull). I'm sure he's trying to establish cause that I am not performing my job duties.

Regardless of what happens, whether I lose my job or not, my husband and I have decided we are not letting him get away with this. He needs to know he cannot treat ANYONE this way, especially someone who has documented proof of illness due to pregnancy.

I'm still struggling each day to work to the best of my ability, with frequent trips to the bathroom to get sick, but I will be here every day to fight back and make his life as miserable as he has made mine.

I'll keep you all posted.
Last edited by Tracy34 on Jul 30, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Tracy (38)
Tom (42)
Angel @ 10 weeks 06/15/01
Tanner (step-son) 09/24/96
Tristan 09/21/02 (HG#1 & preemie)
Tommy 07/20/05 (HG #2)
Tayden Layne 12/22/07 (HG #3 and preemie)
Tracy34
Been There Done That

Postby Proudmama » Jun 24, 2007 4:58 am

Good for you. Employers need to realize that they cannot get away with such things. There is no reason why a little understanding and compassion cannot be given in this situation. I am glad that you have someone willing to represent you in this battle. I hope the outcome is how you hope it will be. Keep up posted.

:hugs:
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby JennyK » Jun 26, 2007 11:50 am

Good for you for not letting him get away with this! I hope you are successful.

I hope your lawyer is a good one. Did he or she come with a recommendation? I am a lawyer and I shudder to think that some of my classmates are taking clients' money to represent them...or that good contingency cases are going down the drain because of poor lawyering.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Susannah » Jun 26, 2007 8:22 pm

:hugs: I am sorry you are getting awful treatment at work. I hope our boss starts treating you fairly.
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby maryliz » Jul 13, 2007 8:19 am

I've been fired twice because of my pregnancy related absences, due to HG complications. And both times I didn't really fight anything because at that time I couldn't work so I saw no point in fighting for a job that I couldn't even go back to. But now looking back I wish I had faught against it. It makes me so mad!

Which is probably why I'm so dang mad now!

I AM going to fight!

I am going to make it known that this is not ok! Especially an agency that services people with diasbilities. Here I am teaching people with disabilities on how to obtain employment, competitive employment with companies and how to "sell" themselves because so many people are too afraid of the risks involved. And here I am being reprimanded for my own disability! What a joke!

I'm proud of you!

Mommy to...
Bayleigh (Peanut), 7
Noa (Puddin), 2
Avery (Ava Belle) 7 Months
and yes, Caesar too, my puppy son!
maryliz
Been There Done That

Postby Tracy34 » Jul 13, 2007 6:38 pm

I swear, I never thought I'd be the one to get up on my "soap box" and rally the "troops," but I've never been more angered by something in all my life.

Like all of you, I've always worked hard, tried to do the right thing and abide by all the rules. What he is doing is wrong, and today was another one of those days where he just picked at everything I did. I spent a good 20 minutes in the bathroom crying on my cell phone to my husband.

He said "Tracy, get some damn backbone and if he's going to treat you this way at least go down fighting. Don't let ANYONE treat you this way." It was just enough to give me my motivation back.

Thank you Mary Liz and I'm glad you're going to fight back. I think a company should practice what it preaches, especially in your case.

I'm not the "Go get a lawyer!" type of person, but in this case, I really felt it was warranted. The lawyer I got, did come recommended and they took my case on a contingency basis (no money paid by me and any EEOC claim expense will have to be paid by my employer if they are found liable). He was also in politics and a advocate for discrimination rights. He and his wife have 10 children of their own :shock: , who better to help me fight this!
ImageImage
Tracy (38)
Tom (42)
Angel @ 10 weeks 06/15/01
Tanner (step-son) 09/24/96
Tristan 09/21/02 (HG#1 & preemie)
Tommy 07/20/05 (HG #2)
Tayden Layne 12/22/07 (HG #3 and preemie)
Tracy34
Been There Done That

Postby JennyK » Jul 17, 2007 11:08 pm

Any new developments?
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment