Page 1 of 1

Need to find HG doctor in San Fernando Valley, CA

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 10:28 am
by bratty477
My doctor was fairly receptive with my HG; however, I would love to find a doctor who is well versed in HG treatment. As receptive as my doctor was, I still got comments like,"Other women have it worse...and there's nothing we can do but wait and hope that it gets better". I didn't quite feel like my doctor took charge but I had to drive the putting me on leave from work and prescribing other medications (as zofran did not work for me). Anyone know of any in the San Fernando Valley area? I've seen the posts for someone in Los Angeles but as you know, when you have HG, even a five minute drive to the doctor seems to be an eternity!

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 9:26 pm
by aaronsmommy
Did you look on the referral page? I know there are a few in the area, but they may all be too far away for you.

I take it the oen you are refering to is Dr Goodwin in LA. He probably does the most research on hyperemesis in the US, so I'm guessing he knows a lot. He is a perinatologist and and academic, so I think he would be very comfortable as a consultant to your primary OB with a minimum of actual visits (maybe a pre-conception and an ultrasound or two). That way your OB could have someone to call on if things weren't working.

My husband actually emailed him when I was pg and got an answer and I had never seen him before.

I do know someone in West Hills if you are interested. I've never been her patient, but I do know she is a good doctor, and she is in a small practice, so should be pretty accessible.

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 12:59 pm
by bratty477
YES, PLEASE!!!! I would love to get a name in West Hills. I've checked the referral page but the two closest were in Los Angeles and Camarillo and it would take minimum an hour to get there from where I live. The West Hills location would be perfect!!!! Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 3:37 pm
by aaronsmommy
The one I know is Lillian Morris, her # is 818 887 5008 This is her practice website.

Like I said, I would still consider seeing Dr Goodwin now, and you can use him as a consultant while you are pregnant.

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2005 5:28 pm
by bratty477
Thanks so much!!! I wish I had discovered this forum the first time around!!!