Looking for a doctor in London.

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Looking for a doctor in London.

Postby FG-Boy » Oct 22, 2007 6:16 am

Dear all,

I'm looking for a doctor (in or outside the NHS) in London that has experience with HG. I suffered HG for 9 months last time and I'm very nervous to try for a sibling for my son.

Any medical advice is greatly appreciated (accapuncture, Chinese etc). I need something!

Thanks!
Will I dare again?
FG-Boy

Postby Natalie » Oct 22, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi there,

Congrats on our ds - I am guessing you had a pretty bad experience on the NHS???

We have had at least one lady go privately in / around London. I think she saw an NHS OB privately for the initial pre-ttc appt. and then the saemOB offered to see her as an NHS pt. during the pgy.

I'll do some rummageing around and see if I can find it.

May I ask (or you can pm if you prefer) what hospital you were under before? What meds you tried etc... have you seen our sticky yet - see http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=17930

I'll report back soon when I've unearthed the old post!

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Oct 22, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi again,.

Here are the threads ... http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php ... ht=private

And then Debbie updates in Natasha's thread here... http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php ... ht=private

So it was Debbie :)

Let us know how you get on.

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby mandy » Oct 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Welcome to the boards! I am glad you found us here. I hope the links Natalie provided prove useful to you. Let us know if we can help you further...

Mandy x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby Natalie » Oct 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I am soooo dumb!

Please also check out this thread... it has lots of useful info. about London in it even though you don't have the added complication of the Diabetes.

http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=16387

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Mr Shehata - London

Postby Sonaki » May 30, 2008 9:17 am

Hi there

I'm too considering a second but wary as last time (2and 1/2 years ago) I was told I had really bad morning sickness and wasn't given the range of drugs available only usual metoclopromide and anti-sickness ones. I ended up being hospitalised on 3 occassions and then also developed depression.

Last year had a termination as when I found out at 6 weeks was suffering severe symptoms again.

Am preparing now with all info can possibly find to get empowered to do it again. I came across this Dr who says he has treated several patients and had a 90% success rate of eliminately HG through treatment with steroids. He has written articles on subject - I can email you if you send me a pm. I have his contact details too. He is based in SW London and does both NHS and private.

If you have found anyone in intervening period, please let me know.

Many thanks and best wishes
Best wishes
Thinking of it again
SS
Sonaki

Postby Natalie » Aug 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi there,

I only just saw this and wanted to respond to you here too.

One of the keys to managing HG effectively is to start treatment pre-emptively and not get into a vicious cycle of nausea, vomiting, dehydration, hospital for IV fluids, home, nausea etc..

It is also better to combine meds rather than try 1 type, find it doesn't work, stop it and try another type only to find that doesn't work, stop that and move on to the next and so on. You need to keep adding and adding until something brings the HG under better control.

You can also take some type of anti depressants along with HG meds (if you can keep them down) as depression is a common secondary factor that runs concurrently with HG. I would ask your Dr if he is wiling to prescribe steroids before 12 weeks. Many aren't or will try at 10 weeks or so. It is important because if he is not, you will still have at least maybe a month of HG on other meds before giving you steroids. Also, If he is willing to try you on steroids, have you asked him about Odansetron (Zofran) which some Drs prefer to try before moving onto steroids?

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you prepare.

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment