appealling insurance disability

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

appealling insurance disability

Postby sdolezel » Nov 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if somene has had similar experience or has any advice for me. I was denied LTD based on the diagnosis of HG and H. Pylori. I am in the processs of submitting an appeal but apparently my case is not very straight forward at all. The OB that I saw for the biggest part of my pregnancy did not support my case and basically communicated that to my insurance co. He stated that my symptoms were subjective but he, as my OB, should listen to me and treat me accordingly. I actually ended up switching to a group of midwives that deliver in a hospital setting and received great support and care. I had a lot of excruciating pain, where I rolled on the floor in pain, towards the end of my pregnancy but all tests came out fine. I was on Zofran throughout the entire pregnancy but nausea and weakness were so debilitating that I had hard time even getting something to eat for myself; most of my days I spent sitting or lying dying.
Insurance company does not consider HG a reason for disability. I am having had time finding any studies that prove that HG combined with nausea and debilitating weakness and inability to concentrate can prevent one from working and therefore a subject to disability.
I am open to suggestions and ideas.

Thank you.
Sophie
sdolezel

Postby teddi » Nov 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Well I would cull information from this website. If worst comes to worst you could try and see if Kimber (username Kimber) could provide you with any additional references for your insurance company. At it's worst, HG can kill, so I can't comprehend why it wouldn't be viewed as "disabling".
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Susannah » Nov 17, 2007 11:50 pm

HG was a disability for me, but my midwives were supportive that I could not possibly work. Is there any way you could resubmit the paperwork filled out by your midwives?
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment