Austin, Texas ??

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Austin, Texas ??

Postby ejoann » Jun 24, 2004 4:58 pm

Well if anyone has any suggestion for this area???
Also, can't use a Seton Dr. has to be St. David.

I had a great Dr in San Antonio if anyone is interested :?:
~i~Baby Julianna cord accident 8-10-07

~i~Rebecca (1-21-05) @24weeks IC, mild HG
~i~Quinton (5/7/2003-6/8/2003) @26weeks IC, heavy HG
~i~Elliotte (1/9/04) @17weeks SB, regular HG
42yrs old
Incompetent cervix cured by the TAC, permanently!
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Postby Lil7Deb » Jun 24, 2004 7:05 pm

David Reue, MD
Medical Park Tower #300
1301 W. 38th Street
Austin, Texas 78705
USA
512-454-5721
http://www.austinwomenscare.com/reue.htm

That is the dr listed on the HER foundation site. I hope he has openings. :) Good luck.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Thanks

Postby ejoann » Jun 24, 2004 7:17 pm

Thank you but he's a Seton Dr, they don't go to St. Davids :( My son died there, we don't go there :cry: no way. Can I look at the fundation site?

42yrs old
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Jun 25, 2004 1:58 pm

The HG Doctor Referral Network is on this website. Just click on "Mothers" (one of the tabs at the top of the page), and then click on "Referral Network."

Also, you can add doctors if you know of a good one for HG sufferers.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

ejoann

Postby Lil7Deb » Jun 25, 2004 3:57 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a friend who lost her daughter at a certain hospital she refuses to even go near there. I certainly can understand why you would want to stay away.

I hope that someone can help provide some information about a dr at the hospital that you want to use.

Have you thought about calling up the L&D floor and talking to the nurses there and seeing if they recommend anyone?

Edited to add: The dr I posted is affiliated with Seton but he also delivers at St. David. My OB had 3 hospitals he delivered at, and he allowed me to choose the one I wanted to. Why don't you give the dr's office a call and see what their policy is for delivering at St. David.

HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS:
Seton Medical Center, Austin, Texas
Chief, OB/GYN Services, 1999 to 2000
Member, Medical Ethics Committee
St. David’s Medical Center, Austin, Texas
Bailey Square Surgical Center, Austin, Texas
Deborah

Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby MamaLily » Jun 26, 2004 1:01 am

ejoann -

I'm in Austin! Dh and I are here only for the summer, but it seems like a great place. We couldn't believe the rain today...that was something else!

Unfortunately I didn't live here when I was pregnant...I really wish I had the name of a great doctor for you. I'll be happy to ask my new neighbors. Maybe one of them will know of a great OB!

I think Deborah's idea of calling Dr. Reue's office to check on delivering at St. David's is a wonderful one. If he will deliver at St. David's, it looks like you just found a great doctor!

If it turns out that he won't deliver there, please write back. I'd be happy to look around a little bit to find you a wonderful doctor at St. David's. I'm also so sorry for your loss. The very thought of going to Seton must be so painful to consider!

Good luck and please keep me posted about your search!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Thank you

Postby ejoann » Jun 26, 2004 8:44 pm

Oh you gals are being very nice :) When you meet/talk to nice people every now and then it does a body good :)
But that Dr's office is kinda right at the hospital :( They have alot of good Dr's over there darnit. Its a scary thing to find a new OB, real scary but hopefully when whatever planets align in the right position or whatever has to happen the right one will make itself known to me, just hope I'm paying attention, haha. Thats why I need to look early. Thanks again :)

42yrs old
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Postby Lil7Deb » Jun 27, 2004 1:05 am

Uggh. That's frustrating.

I wonder if that dr has 2 offices? My OB had a small office at one of the other hospitals he delivered at. Maybe they could accomodate you there.

Also, you could call their office and ask for a recomendation for another HG friendly dr. He may not be taking patients so they might just give some great info for the hospital you want to deliver at.
Deborah

Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby Kschwintz » Jul 13, 2004 10:54 pm

Hey,

I USED DR. REUE.... He has extensive experience with HG and does deliver at St. David's and Seton.

I also had other serious life-threatening complications and I fully trusted my life in him.

I lived in Austin, but have recently relocated to Lubbock, but if you need anything or any other referrals, please email me at kim@preeclampsia.org

Take care,
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Thanks

Postby ejoann » Jul 16, 2004 2:44 pm

Thanks, I hope I can find a good OB next time. Most of those Seton Dr's don't go anywhere else, he may have privelages but he won't preregistar you at St. Davids, he's on 38th street. I know I'm crazy its hard enough to find a good Dr, now I have to exclude half of them. Still, no way I'd go to Seton.
Update 12/01/04:
FYI: To anyone interested my current OB is Dr. Clive Polon he has been very understanding and knowledgeable about HG thus far and practices out of St. Davids.

42yrs old
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Dr's

Postby ejoann » Jul 08, 2007 9:23 pm

Update:

My current OB is Dr. Wendy Cutler...I've become so good at managing my own HG I really cant say if they are helpful or not so helpful with HG... I mean she does what I want/need to do.
She is probably one of the best trained OB's in town, since I am very high risk...sigh...

I also saw Dr. Koulman for awhile he seemed very interested in treating the HG aggressively.

I saw Dr. Binford my first pg. I dont think at the time she was very aggressive with the HG but maybe she has grown since then.

My perinatalogist Dr. Celeste Shepard at Hill Country Maternal Fetal Medice is very aggressive with HG and would be the best refferal to get if you are having a issue with your HG that your OB can't/won't treat.

Best wishes to all my Austin HG'ers.... Please feel free to send me an email and I will give you my phone number if you want to chat.

Joann

42yrs old
ejoann
Welcomed Friend

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment