Need new Dr. ASAP in San Diego. PLEASE HELP!

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Need new Dr. ASAP in San Diego. PLEASE HELP!

Postby sinsd » Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

My OB/GYN refuses to let me take 24 mg of zofran per day. Even though that is the ONLY thing that kept me out of the hospital, and mostly hydrated with my first pregnancy.

Here I am 11 weeks, and my OB/GYN has cut me down to 4mg 2xs per day. This is after he cut me down to 8 mg 2xs per day for a week and I have felt horrible since then.

I don't want to appear whiny or high needs, but I had a huge crying meltdown after the nurse called me back with this information that I've been waiting on since Thursday of last week. I was only able to get the zofran last pregnancy after I threw up non stop for two weeks of bile, and was so dehydrated I was being irrational.

At my visit last week, I was told the same song and dance, eat small meals every two hours, try crackers, ginger, etc. etc. etc.

I am beyond frustrated, I have resigned to just being sick for the next two weeks until I can be taken seriously.
sinsd

Postby MichellevsHG » Jul 22, 2008 8:29 pm

This is the link to the referrals other HGers have made here at HER, I hope one of them is close to you. :hugs:

http://www.helpher.org/mothers/referral ... esults.php
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby sinsd » Jul 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Unfortunately that doctor only delivers at a certain hospital. :verygreen:
sinsd

Postby MichellevsHG » Jul 23, 2008 12:12 pm

I am so sorry. How about referrals from friends, neighbors, family? You could even call Ob offices in the area (that deliver at your hospital) and see if they have anyone specilizing in high risk pgs or familiar with treating HG. Doesn't hurt to call :wink:

I hope you find someone soon :hugs:
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben's Mom » Jul 24, 2008 11:16 am

I really like my OB. He let me take 24 mg of zofran, if I remember correctly. I think I took 8 mg. 3x a day. I'll have to check though. I'm at work and I have the info at home.

I don't know what limits you have with insurance, etc., but his name is Gary O'Hara and he's with Sharp. I delivered at Mary Birch and his office is right next door to the hospital (it's near the other offices in Kearny Mesa, if you're familiar with the area). The main office line (to get an appointment) is (858) 499-2600.

He doesn't specialize in HG, and I found that I sometimes had to push to get the care I needed. But... he definitely listened and was willing to try whatever I wanted. So, with him you have to be pretty proactive with your care, but you'll get what you need.

He is a general OB (not a peri, etc.), but he also did my infertility treatments. He's a brilliant doctor with a good bedside manner. He's very kind, and has a wonderful, compassionate assistant named Taryn.

Feel free to PM me, or reply to this post, if you have any questions.

Ben's Mom
Been There Done That

Postby Ben's Mom » Jul 29, 2008 11:27 am

Did you find someone?

Ben's Mom
Been There Done That

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment