I have a work situation

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

I have a work situation

Postby justme » Jul 27, 2008 10:52 am

I have been on work restrictions for a while and just been sitting at my desk, which has allowed me a lot of freedom. Next week I have to go back to "regular" work which includes working a public service desk. Next week they are changing the schedule and I will work 9 am to 1 pm on the public service desk. I have expressed concerns to my boss that I don't think I can go that many hours, or until that late in the afternoon, without food. I will get one 15 minute break somewhere in there, it is usually around 10:30 am.

What do I do if I find myself getting sick (hunger makes me just as sick as eating).

Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby krdoty » Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am

I assume you're not allowed to eat at the public service desk? Can you get an exception for crackers *ducks* or something else that is not too messy that you could eat between customers? Would sucking on hard candy help hold off the nausea long enough to get you to your break?
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby MichellevsHG » Jul 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Karen - We're not allowed to eat in front of our students, so teaching an entire day w/out *something* is difficult even without HG. My Ob wrote a note asking that I be allowed breaks more often so that I could 1)take medication 2)eat a small snack . . . oh yeah, and I needed one to use the elevator and wear sneakers. :roll:

Would your Ob be up to helping you work out something with your work?
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment