Doctor thoughts

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Doctor thoughts

Postby mmichelle » Aug 22, 2008 11:54 am

I cannot get the thought of having a third child out of my head. My HG was so severe with DD that I know I need to see a new doctor who has experience with HG. My OB just wasn't proactive enough and it lead to a downward spiral. I want someone to help me decide if another child is worth the risk to my life. I don't expect a doctor to tell me yes or no as far as whether I should do it or not, but I want to know if it is a fight I can win. Does that make any sense???? If a doctor told me that my life was in danger after the problems I encountered last time I would accept it, but until I hear from someone knowledgable in the care of HG I just can't accept that my family is complete. I looked at the doctor list, but if anyone else has recommendations I would appreciate it. I am willing to travel for consult/ information. TIA!
Mer

DS 4/5/04
DD 5/25/07
DS 8/8/10
mmichelle
Master of HG

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 22, 2008 2:05 pm

I would suggest Dr. Goodwin at USC. He is a true expert in hg, does a lot of research and works closely with the foundation. As a perinatologist, he would probably be comfortable working with a local OB in a consulting role during pregnancy if you do decide to get pg again, so you wouldn't need to travel to be seen by him too often during pregnancy.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » Aug 22, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Mer,

Having spoken to someone in a similar position to yourself, can you get a hold of your medical notes before you go anywhere so the Dr can have a good look at how you were treated? Might help them make an informed opinion on if you could survive another round.

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby mmichelle » Aug 25, 2008 10:31 am

Thank you for the information. I will look with my insurance to see if anything will be covered but I will def make a consult appt. with him Dr. Goodwin if he is taking new patients.

Natalie- thanks for the advice about getting my records. I will put in a call today to request a copy be sent to me...man will that be a big pile of paperwork!!!
Mer

DS 4/5/04
DD 5/25/07
DS 8/8/10
mmichelle
Master of HG

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment