not medically necessary

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

not medically necessary

Postby alb526 » Jun 02, 2009 7:18 pm

After spending a week in the hospital, we just got a denial from Unicare today - not medically necessary. It's insane, they have rubber stamped a lot of claims but this is one they are throwing out. I literally could not breathe and was going into septic shock from a picc infection. My blood work and all the docs invovled support the fact that I was in really, really bad shape. All things considered I should probably still be in the hospital but the peri's, social workers and OBs thought with good home health it would be better for me mentally to be home for a couple of weeks if possible. They are also rejecting random home health dates. Why should I or DH have to go through this crap? Of course we'll fight it but I need all my energy to fight for my baby, not deal with this baloney.
Amy
mild HG DS#1 & DD#2
moderate HG DS#3
OMG put me out of misery HG DD#4
alb526
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

How crazy! I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap on top of everything else.

Do you have anyone who can be an advocate with them for you?

If they give you any hassle at all with it, I would think you could find a sympathetic health reporter from your local paper or TV station that would be happy to run a story about it. It is always interesting how they change their tune when their name gets in the paper!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Jun 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Aimee´s idea is a good one. I´m so angry on your behalf!!!! The evilness of the insurance companies and the randomness of anyone being able to lose insurance are part of what keep me here in Norway.
Good luck and hope it works out. You soooo didn´t deserve this just now!!! It boils my blood!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby MichellevsHG » Jun 03, 2009 6:19 am

:evil: Evil insurance companies. The whole lot of them. Why can't they just let the doctors do their job?

I would think that home health is cheaper than you staying in the hospital. Maybe a phone call from your Ob could put them straight.

If not, I REALLY like Aimee's suggestion :twisted:
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment