And the hits keep coming!!!!!!

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

And the hits keep coming!!!!!!

Postby Atsie » Sep 19, 2004 2:36 pm

So I am starting to feel better, thinking okay, I think I will make it. THEN I come to work. My supervisor has changed my part time schedule so that I can not work it. So now as of the end of October, I will have only one job. I have no idea what we will do. or how we will get buy. I can't win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: Erin
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Atsie » Sep 19, 2004 5:34 pm

I forgot to add that the schedule change is a result of my sick time that I have had to use to fight HG!
Erin
(They need a happy face that is sticking out his tongue! All grown up like!)

Sorry for freaking out!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Sep 27, 2004 4:29 pm

Hi Atsie,

I don't know if this would be helpful for you or not, but the government of Canada has sickness benefits that you can use in conjuction with your maternity benefits. I can't remember if it's 12 or 15 weeks that your allowed in addition to the 50 weeks maternity you are entitled to, but if you are too sick to work you can get a note from your doctor and go to the EI office to file your application. I took 12 weeks sickness benefits myself when I was going through the worst of the HG, then went back to work until the week before I delievered my son after which I collected maternity benefits. And I only had to serve one 2 week waiting period. Just thought I would let you know in case this helps.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment