Lakeville, Minnesota

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Lakeville, Minnesota

Postby Bethers » Sep 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Any good referrals?
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby MamaLily » Sep 30, 2004 3:48 pm

Beth -

I don't know of any specific doctors in Lakeville, but I'm more than happy to help you find someone great - who will take care of you properly!

If you can tell me the hospital where you'd like to deliver and if there is a big city close to where you are, I'll see what I can find.

Please also look at the "Sticky" in this forum about ways to find a good doctor.

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Mar2 » Oct 05, 2004 3:01 pm

Bethers -- Pamela sent me a message saying you needed some recommendations for docs/hospitals near the Cities.

I know it would a bit of a drive, but I highly recommend my doctor who sees patients in Robbinsdale, Plymouth, and Edina. Would Edina be too far? If so, I don't mind calling her to see if she has any recommendations for OBs/peris in the South or SE metro.

Anyway, my OBs name is Dr. Lisa Baker. She has several partners including 2 other females, which was important to me. In fact, her partner Stephanie Rice ended up delivering my daughter. I delivered at North in Robbinsdale. The L&D nurses were absolutely wonderful...some of the post-partum nurses were good too (but not all). In fact, my friend just delivered last month at North after a perfect pgcy and 29 hours of labor. She agrees that the L&D group is the BEST. I don't know if it is a concern for you, but North also has one of just two area neo-natal units in case baby has problems. It would be quite a hike from Lakeville, but in non-rush hour traffic, I bet you could make it in 30 to 40 minutes. (Non-rush hour being the catch - LOL). North also has a perinatology center. Dr. Baker consulted these experts throughout my pgcy regarding HG issues and the perinatologists treated/monitored me throughout the pgcy as well because of some other issues. Although the particular peri I saw was not the most personable guy, he was very helpful and knowledgable. So if you are looking for a NICU and/or peri, I would recommend North Memorial.

Good luck and please let me know if I can support you in any way. I work in Richfield, so I'm just a few minutes away.

Take care,
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Edina doctor

Postby minnesotamama » Dec 01, 2006 11:36 am

Bethers,
This is my 2nd pregnancy, 1st with HG, but my doctors office has been so great. It is the Diamond Womens Center in Edina. They deliver at Fairview Southdale and at Abbott. I live in Eagan and make the drive because I feel these people are worth it. I personally see Dr. Lehrman, but all of the doctors there have been very helpful.
And the rest of the staff has worked really hard to get my insurance company to approve Zofran for me. They also were kind enough to do a quick ultrasound to assure me the baby was okay since I had been so sick. I really cannot say enough great things about this practice of doctors.
Anyway, I hope that helps. I know its not close to Lakeville, but sometimes it can be worth the drive. I will be delivering at Abbott again and had a great experience there last time. The nursing staff was terrific. Let me know if I can help in any other way!
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment