looking for a Dr. in Sacramento,CA

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

looking for a Dr. in Sacramento,CA

Postby Alli'sMom » Jul 28, 2006 7:17 pm

I have Kaiser and I didn't have any luck with my last pregnancy with getting a Doctor who really understands HG. I was told to eat a little something all day like a grazing cow. I got the run around for Meds and I was always pushed to just go to the ER. Im ttc now and I did switch Doctors but I don't know this person and afraid that it will happen again. I was hoping someone out there can help me find a Doctor in Kaiser that will help me. I live in Sacramento, CA.
Alli'sMom

Postby teddi » Aug 17, 2006 3:49 pm

There is a member here who had her care w/Kaiser vacaville- if that's do-able for you let me know and I can pm you her username.

I had care in Vallejo, which obviously is even further, BUT out of three facilities that I've used ob/gyn at - that's where I got the best care. There's a nurse practitioner there - Janice Bridges and Dr Bergin who were both pretty good with my care.

Any of the larger hospital facilities should be able to accommodate you for hydration better than just telling you "go to the ER". At Kaiser Walnut Creek and Vallejo both, I could get hydration in clinic (either at the infusion clinic or the ob/gyn clinic). If needing frequent hydration is something you need, ask about A) standing orders for IV's outpaitient (IE in the clinic) and/or B) the possibility of a PICC line/NJ tube.

As far as the Kaiser formulary these are the meds I'm familiar w/that are covered options: Phenergan (suppositories and oral and iv), Reglan (pill and IV), Compazine (pill and iv), Tigan (suppositories), Anzemet (pill or iv), and Zofran (possibly pill only), also steroids (prednisone, etc). Kaiser is able to offer pretty much all the treatment options. Zofran IS available, but they don't start you on it (not anymore, it's restricted, so they are supposed to justify using it based on other drugs not working).

I've had two HG pregnancies w/in the kaiser system, if you have specific questions you can ask me anytime.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Alli'sMom » Aug 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Thank you! I was able to find another Kaiser member on this site from Roseville. She got me in touch with her Kaiser Dr. Its a 40min drive for me (only because of traffic) she said wonderful things about him. I guess he is experenced with HG. If anyone else out there is looking for a kaiser Dr. in Sacramento/Roseville PM me and I'll get you his name.
Alli'sMom

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment