marriages suffer??

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

marriages suffer??

Postby NANA1 » Sep 22, 2007 12:52 am

I can relate to this previous post on husband support. My dd is in her second PG with HG. This time is is so bad she has been hospitalized many times. She now has a picc line and can not eat or drink. Her dh is always gone. Even while in the hospital he barely stays a minute and always has an excuse. Help !! I am so angry at him and I am tired of biting my lip but I must it is not about him to me it is about her. I just see how she feels about him right now and I can't blame her. How can marriages recover from this?
NANA1

Postby krdoty » Sep 22, 2007 7:49 pm

HG is rough on even the most stable of marriages. It's even harder on marriages where there are pre-existing issues. Whichever is the situation for your daughter, it's good that at least you can recognize what is happening because you can be a support for your daughter even if you can't fix it for her. Does her husband understand what HG is? If not, are you in a position to be able to refer him to the site to learn about it? Or would a talk from the daughter (read: explanation from doc about her condition) make a difference maybe?

I do hope that your SIL comes around so that he can be the loving partner that your daughter really needs right now. In the meantime, thank you for being there for your daughter. So many of our HGers do not have the support or understanding from any of their family. And even grown children need their moms when times are rough!
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Lil7Deb » Oct 23, 2007 11:08 pm

It's a hard thing to deal with. Illness always is, no matter what form it comes in, and everyone has a different way of coping.

My husband avoided me a lot during our pregnancies. That didn't change his worry. Infact he was petrified, but didn't know how to handle the situation. He came around, he talks about it bodly now. I think your SIL, will come around too. Sometimes it just takes time for the fear to go away and sense to reign. I hope that he comes around sooner rather then later. ((((((HUGS))))))) for you and your dd. This is a difficult road.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family