Yes, You're Wives Truly Need You

A place where partners, fathers, friends, and family members can discuss experiences and difficulties regarding loved ones' Hyperemesis.

Moderator: cormander

Yes, You're Wives Truly Need You

Postby kmwilson » Jun 29, 2004 12:26 pm

I'd like to reiterate that you're wives do really need you. If you don't know what to do or say, at least tell her you love her, hold her hair when she's vomitting, get a cool rag to wipe her mouth, don't cook anything that she'll smell from the bedroom, and keep the house as quiet as possible.

I'm a mother of two wonderfully healthy children (both HG pregnancies), and my husband had it pegged the first time around. I've never been so in love with my husband as during those pregnancies, and at the birth of our two beautiful children.

Those two pregnancies were his time to shine as the family caregiver, and he did a fantastic job. So good that we're tossing around the idea of a third, knowing that HG will happen again. I wasn't one of the women whose naseua left at 13 weeks magically; however, I also didn't have to wait until delivery to get relief. We're not sure if we should push our luck, but it must be worth it if we're even considering it again, huh!
Kimberly
Frisco, TX
2 HG Pregnancies
Daughter 2000
Son 2002

HG began at 6-8 wks; Zofran from 12 wks until around 25-26 wks. Despite HG, I loved the miracle of birth.
kmwilson

Return to Partners, Friends, and Family