Stomach and Oxygen

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Stomach and Oxygen

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 09, 2004 10:21 am

Hi ladies,

I just received an email from a gal that's never posted at HuGS, but knew about it, and must have been a frequent guest some time ago because she remembered where we were, and registered there just to send me this info, so I thought I'd post it here and see if you guys could research about it. I wrote her back to see if we could know the article she was referring to.

"Coincidently I read about a woman who climbed high mountains. She noticed that on great hights the stomach (!!!) does not get enough OXYGEN, which causes NAUSEA !!!!! I have the impression that this may just be the cause of HG. Just wanted to report you this since I feel very connected with all research about this terrible disease!"

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Lil7Deb » Jun 14, 2004 3:09 pm

Andy! Very interesting. I wonder how many women get cold after eating as well since the blood rushes to the stomach.

I'm going to have to check out that theory. I have had high altitude sickness before, personally I didn't feel the same, but it could just be me. I did feel very similar with Mono as I did with HG.

Going to look up high altitude sickness now.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Return to Polls & General HG Questions