A bit about me!

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

A bit about me!

Postby Lil7Deb » May 29, 2004 10:58 pm

Welcome to the research folder. Please come in and make yourself at home.

My name is Deborah. I'm a SAHM to Mackenzie, and wife of Brian a Marine Pilot. My husband and I are currently moving to Japan. I am trying to start a business and finish my degree at the same time. I am a self-diagnosed HGer, and received no prenatal care until my 16th week. At that point I was beginning to mend. Unfortunately since we are military medical care isn't provided until after the 12 week and you're not considered pregnant until that point. When I was finally seen they said I wasn't too thin so it was left at that. I ended up changing OB's since I wasn't pleased with my care and wasn't seen again by a dr until the 20 week mark. At that point I had stopped vomiting and just let it go. I did however suffer from severe anemia during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. After my DD was born my recovery was very slow. My body did not respond well to the delivery and I spent 2 months in bed.

It was all worth it. I have a beautiful 18 month old daughter. My Dh and I are even crazy enough to be thinking about doing it again. This time I hope to have as much research about HG as I can under my belt so I can be armed with it to present to my Dr's. I also am going to have a better support system in place so my DD can be cared for as well as myself.
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Return to Polls & General HG Questions