DC Trip: how to help in general

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

DC Trip: how to help in general

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 26, 2005 6:08 pm

With the trip to DC coming fast, I offered to help in gathering materials and visual aids.

1. The most important thing we can all do is fill out the survey with updated info and include ALL our losses, even those we don't discuss on the boards. The survey is totally private.

2. Sign the petition and ask our OB/GYN office to do the same, as well as others we know.

3. Write to our Reps.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Jolene » Aug 26, 2005 8:06 pm

Suzanne,

I have signed the petition, but where is the survey? I would love to fill it out and I am sure it is in a really obvious place, but I can't find it! Also, do we print the petition and mail it to someone after we have people sign it? I feel like I have pregnancy brain...wait I do!!!

Thanks,
Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 26, 2005 8:10 pm

With you on pregnancy brain. I should have included the link. Going to find it now.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Here's the link: http://www.helpher.org/mothers/current- ... /index.php

I still need to add Mr. Jack, Jonathan, and Lily. I need to get a move on.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Jolene » Aug 26, 2005 10:05 pm

For some reason when I do the survey, it comes up as having missed fields, some come back as red and I need to refill them in. The thing is, I have never had an HG pregnancy before this one. I have had 4 miscarriages, one normal pregnancy and severe MS with DD. When I fill the MS pregnancy out, it goes through fine. When I do this pregnancy, it doesn't work out because I am still pregnant. I don't think my filling out this survey would be beneficial. Any suggestions?

Sorry!
Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 26, 2005 11:39 pm

You may have discovered something the database can't do...process part of a pg. Do add the pgs that ended in m/c. That should work. I'll check out what's going on with the current pg.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby nomore » Aug 27, 2005 11:30 am

Suzanne,

I know I tried to "update" my survey a while ago and there was really no way to add my current HG pregnancy in, as I am STILL prego..lol and have "imcomplete data" for the remainder of the pregnancy. So, my survery shows my 1st 2 pregnancy, but not my 3rd HG pregnancy.

I figured I would update again after delviery, however, I know this wont help for the DC trip...lol, cuz Im not letting this baby budge until January!

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby mommy_bug2 » Sep 02, 2005 11:05 pm

I filled out the survey, couldn't believe the number of questions. Nice that is is thorough, though. I really had to think on some of the questions as I could not remember for sure right away. I also only entered my first two pregnancies, as it would not allow me to enter the current one.

Marjie
3xhg survivor Destiny Morgan 4 & Talen Arron 3 & Ivy Grace 16 months

HG FREE FOREVER!!!!
mommy_bug2
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 03, 2005 11:30 am

A couple things...

1) I made a mistake on first PG on my survey. Is there anyway to go back and fix it or re-do?

2) What do I say to my rep? As in state rep, right? I know I say what my experiance is, but why am I gving it to them? Asking for more knowledge and information about it? More studies? More awareness?
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL