Who can attend?

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

Who can attend?

Postby dwtegli » Sep 10, 2005 5:48 pm

Who can attend this briefing? The reason I ask, is that I have two aunt's that live right outside DC and as much as I would love to, I just can't make it out there, but I have been thinking of asking one of them to attend. Is that possible, or is it by invitation only?

Thanks
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Everyone is invited!

Postby annmarie » Sep 17, 2005 11:08 am

Please let your aunts know they can come to the briefing. It will be held on Sept. 28th and located in the Rayburn Building room 338 starting at 8:30 and will be ending around 10am. Also please let them know this is not a congressional testimony like you see on Cspan or like you may have seen this week where the nominated Supreme Court Justice, John Roberts, speaking in front of many leaders in Congress.

This is on a much smaller scale. The briefing will involve legislative assistants whom are invited to attend to hear the concerns of medical care or lack there of, given to HG women and the need for federal funding for research. This is the first step in making our voices heard on Capitol Hill. Please know that all are welcome. If you have any questions please contact me directly at annmarie@helpher.org.

Thanks
Ann Marie King
Co-Founder
HER Foundation
"Together we are heard, alone we are silent"
annmarie
Forums Administrator

Postby sickofit » Sep 24, 2005 12:56 pm

annemarie, i was thinking of listening in too..do i have to sign up or anything or do i just show up? margorie in michigan
sickofit
Opinionated HGer

DC briefing

Postby annmarie » Sep 24, 2005 9:43 pm

All you need to do is show up. Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Ann Marie
Ann Marie King
Co-Founder
HER Foundation
"Together we are heard, alone we are silent"
annmarie
Forums Administrator

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL