Reply form Congressman

The HER Foundation presented a Congressional Briefing on Sept. 28, 2005.

Moderator: Kimber

Reply form Congressman

Postby dwtegli » Sep 16, 2005 8:48 am

Hi all, just thought I would share the reply I got from our senator here in ND from the email I sent him with my story. I am about 99% sure it was a form letter, but you never know.

Dear Wendy,

Thanks for contacting me about the Help HER Foundation and sharing your experience with hyperemesis Garvidarum (HG). I appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Your story certainly illustrates the enormous emotional costs associated with HG. I appreciate hearing of your support for funding for research for this devastating disease.

I have always been a strong supporter of medical research. As you know, medical research has great potentional, and that is why I have always been a very strong supporter of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The NIH's attempts to unlock the mystery of so many diseases, from heart disease and stroke to cancer and mental illnesses should be fully funded. The dividends reaped from investments in the NIH are profound.

As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I will do what I can to ensure that medical research programs are adequately funded.

Thanks again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Byron L. Dorgan

Like I said, it sounds like a forum letter, but when I wrote to him, I didn't realize he was on the Appropriations Committee, hopefully that works to our advantage.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby jjbeck » Sep 16, 2005 3:54 pm

I am glad he got back to you. Still working on mine. Records have been coming in over the past couple of weeks and got some more today. It turns out the records are a bit shoddy and I don't think they will do much good other than being able to give details on costs. Much information was left out...<sigh>
I did not want it to be just my recollection of how things went but I guess that is how much of it will have to be.

Wendy, did you have any of your records when you wrote yours?
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » Sep 16, 2005 4:23 pm

No, I didn't, mine was just a very brief rundown on what happened. Such as losing my job, contemplating termination, and finally finding this website which helped me to realize that I am not alone.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby aaronsmommy » Sep 21, 2005 4:49 pm

Well, I got no reply.

Actually called today, and they say "oh yeah, we were trying to fit you in for Wed, but now his schedule is really filling up, so it doesn't look possible"

Maybe he knows I didn't vote for him :lol:
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby jjbeck » Oct 03, 2005 11:25 am

White house just called. Said president sorry could not attend but appreciates efforts and sends best wishes.
Better late than never.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby dwtegli » Oct 03, 2005 12:52 pm

At least you can say you got a call from the White House. I didn't send one to the Bush, but I got another letter from our other Senator. This one sounded more real. It quoted a bunch of information about HG so someone had to look it up at least.
Wendy,
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby jjbeck » Oct 03, 2005 1:36 pm

Hi Wendy. I still have not heard back from either of our state senators or the other state rep I wrote to.
<sigh>
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 03, 2005 6:28 pm

I messaged Bush and got the form email response.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Ivydragon » Oct 06, 2005 11:45 am

My dh messaged our representative for me, and we've recieved no response back.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to DC DELEGATION TO CAPITOL HILL