ummm...missing folder *Life folder update 2nd page*

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Postby JustMelissa » Oct 16, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm sorry Angela, I know you don't want any more replies but I feel like this needs to be said:

Several gals were mad that Life had been taken down and assumed that it was because of the religious debate going on. When no one even had the courtesy to post an explanation- the rumors started flying. Would it have been so difficult to post something that merely stated that the Life forum would be down for a while? Instead several of us felt like we had been "kicked off" and were angry. I realize that being a mod means doing things that are difficult and with little/no appreciation. For that, I apologize. But when you take away a forum that has come to mean so much to a lot of us, it hurts us. And when it seems like we are not even worthy of an explanation- then we get defensive and angry.
I am sorry that admins felt it necessary to take life away for a while...

JustMelissa
HG Expert

Postby Starfoot » Oct 16, 2007 7:18 pm

:shock: I didn't realize Life was so controversial.

Oh well, I hope it all settles down quickly enough. Until then, there ARE a lot of other forums to go to and catch up on posts. :)
<3 ~ Riella
Starfoot
Master of HG

Postby HGx3 » Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm

krdoty wrote:I can only assume that the admins have removed Life or access to Life for a good reason. For that reason, I have chosen to give them some time to do their VOLUNTEER jobs here. In the meantime, there are plenty of other posts for me to catch up on! :wink:
Thanks for having such a good head on you there Kendra. I think we do a good job gettin ginfo out there in a timely manner- but we do also have kids and jobs- cut us some slack ladies.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby JPSmomma » Oct 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Ummm.... *raises hand sheepishly* The info is still not out there. What happened to Life?

If there's time to post to ask about cutting some slack, isn't there time to post where Life is?

Maybe? TIA.

ETA: Not exactly "where" but "why," I guess.
JPSmomma
HG Diva

Postby HGx3 » Oct 16, 2007 8:48 pm

I am Valerie wrote:Ummm.... *raises hand sheepishly* The info is still not out there. What happened to Life?

If there's time to post to ask about cutting some slack, isn't there time to post where Life is?

Maybe? TIA.

ETA: Not exactly "where" but "why," I guess.

I assure yu that when we fell we have had adequate tim e to discuss amongst ALL admins as to what we want to say and do, you will be made aware of it. Until then- its simply not available. PERIOD.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby JPSmomma » Oct 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Thank you. Now we know. :)
JPSmomma
HG Diva

Postby angie » Oct 16, 2007 9:59 pm

I hope this comes across as nonconfrontational and suggesting a future solution for this type of problem, because that is the intent.

Speaking as one of the people who are clueless as to why and what here, I was horribly confused by the forum suddenly missing. And when a few people appeared to be innocently asking where it went, which honestly, if they hadn't posted...I would have, the answer seemed to be a sometimes (sometimes not) polite "shut the heck up."

Now, just speaking as a person who wandered in confused and clueless, I can safely say that if one admin had posted here, as soon as the forum was taken offline, with a topic that said "Life Forum" and inside was a very quick and short note that said something to the effect of, "Life forum will be temporarily offline until further notice. We will have it back up as soon as feasibly possible. We appreciate your patience." Then a lot of this anger and defense and spiraling would have been nipped way in the bud.

Would it have stopped everything entirely? No. But it certainly would have helped.

Just something to consider for future reference.

As you have found out, when there is mis/mal communication, then no communication is just as bad. If you don't know what to say, then at least posting that upfront lets everyone know that and they can adjust their receptivity. And I think that was part of the confusion. It just happened, and no one could get an answer except to say "don't ask any more questions."

A simple, "yes it's offline. We'll let you know when it's back up." would have gone a long way if it had been posted as soon as the forum was taken down.

Just my 2 cents.
Angie

ImageImage

ImageImage

Michaela (13), Liam (2), & Susan (17) - all HG babies
angie
Opinionated HGer

Postby Jenny » Oct 16, 2007 10:04 pm

Melissa started what I think is a very important poll in the POLLs folder, please check it out and reply.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Feathery » Oct 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Angie:

Great message, thank you. This is how I felt too.
Heather
Gabriel-3.3.04
Eliseâ€â€
Feathery
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Agreed. Angie makes a good suggestion, and I am sure it will be noted.

Honestly, with all that went down the other day, I'm sure no one even thought about notifying the boards. Let's give our fearless (and volunteer) leaders some slack on this one.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby jesspinky1 » Oct 22, 2007 9:55 am

I do not know what "went down". However I do feel that without Life, there is no place for me here. I am not currently pregnant and my baby is 1 now so I don't fit into post partum. Where do I go?
Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 22, 2007 10:54 am

Hey Jess,

There is always room for all of us here. We support where we can and we post when we want. Long Term is a place for issues since babe is big now...can't believe it. I still feel postpartum :roll:

And I think that while Life is down, using Hope and Humor for the kiddos would work.

Big hugs!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Jolene » Oct 22, 2007 12:26 pm

A few bad apples ruined it for all of us. I feel like I have no where to post too.
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby krdoty » Oct 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Please continue to hang in there, girls! There has been no final decision, to my knowledge, and so I believe the closure of Life to be temporary. Suzanne's suggestions for alternate posting places are good ones. A lot of the posts that go in Life could be considered appropriate for other fora.

Kiddie funnies and cuties would be very appropriate for Stories of Hope & Humor. After all, it is the promise of a child at the end that allows so many of our girls to push through the HG. (My apologies to those of our users who don't get that reward!) Posts about the fear of suspected pregnancies or stomach flu bugs would be appropriate for Long Term Impact or Anxiety & Depression.

If you have something that you wish to post but do not know where to put it, please give me a yell via PM or MSN Messenger (krdoty@hotmail.com) and I would be happy to help you find an appropriate location. I think I can speak for all of the Mods and Admins when I say that we have the same goal as always, which is to support all of our HGers whether they are currently in the depths or looking back on their HG.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby Brenda » Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Jess,

I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I feel the same way!!! I get major triggers of nausea when I read certain things in each tri. I loved keeping up with everyone in the Life folder. It showed those going thru HG that life goes on. I feel like my HG family is breaking up though.

I am saddened by the attitude of "if you don't like it leave" around this board lately. I never thought we would have that.

Every couple of days taking the Life folder down is well... nevermind...

Does anyone know of a free hosting board where we can set up a life board. Maybe an "HG Survivors" board or something. I would be willing to set it up if someone can point me in the right direction. PM me if you don't want to post here. There will be no secret invites.. All would be welcome.

I am feeling like I need to find somewhere else to go as well..

Spencer has pneumonia pretty bad and I keep checking to see if life is up so I can post for some ideas/encouragment and I guess I just keep getting bummed...
Isabella HG Baby #1 11/21/02
Spencer HG Baby #2 4/16/05
Victoria HG Baby # 3 12/19/06
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby ktlynn_74 » Oct 22, 2007 5:31 pm

I have the same lost feelings. I hope this take down is temporary. I really don't know what was/is going on so I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong I'm just saying I miss the life folder :cry: . Not only do you form a bond with people that have gone through with HG with you, you also tend to lose alot of IRL friends in the process of HGing. Kierce is only 6 mnths so I post in the PP/newborn folder but of course thats about things that have to do with Kierce. Sometimes I just need support or to vent or something else and that is not the place to do it. I hope we get the life folder back. If we don't I hope that we can continue somewhere else. Thats just my feels on the situation...

Katie
ktlynn_74
Opinionated HGer

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Please try to be patient a admin works on whatever is the issue. There is nothing that anyone here did or didn't do.

Brenda, post about Spencer. You need support. We all want to support you.

What happened to the Life board needs to be sorted out. We all just have to be patient.
Last edited by IslandDreamer on Jul 01, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby rjdecker » Oct 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks, Suzanne about giving us some options of where to post. I have felt lost all day and not sure where to post. It really helps!
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby krdoty » Oct 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Brenda -

Please feel free to post about Spencer in PP/NB. As far as I'm concerned, he's close enough to a newborn. ;) Seriously... I can move the post to Life after it reopens. (I'm thinking positive!) :hugs:
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Previous

Return to Ask the Administrators