PLEASE READ and show your thanks for HER!

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

PLEASE READ and show your thanks for HER!

Postby Xphile_mo » Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm

I realise that something fairly major occurred over the last couple of days to upset quite a few people. I do not wish to add to this or comment one way or the other nor do I really want to know what was going on. I'd just like to point out something which seemed fairly obvious to me, but appears to have been overlooked by many in the heat of the subject(s).

<b> The first thing which occurred to me as I read what was left in various folders was that the lot of you (admin/mods etc) have such a lot to deal with. </b> :hugs:

Not only do you have your own lives/problems etc to cope with: you have <b> hundreds </b> of women with HG - both in different stages and different emotional states from HG's impact, women who are grieving, women who are TTC and those of us who are HG free but still suffering it's trauma. You have to deal with newbies who have no idea what is going on in their "suddenly shattered" pregnancy as well as answer posts in each of your designated areas with an answer that can only be interpreted in a positive way by the poster. To top it all off, you then get abuse for your views (but cannot respond the same way) AND you do it ALL voluntarily! But best of all, you probably know that most of the time women are just venting and are extremely emotional (because of what they've been through), so you take it when thrown at you. You only seem to edit/remove posts in my opinion if you feel that <b> someone else </b> will be hurt by it.

I think that although most of us THINK it often (though maybe not in a conscious way), we definitely don't say it enough and it's about time. <b>

We are extremely grateful for everything you do for us!!! I know I am not the only woman who feels this way. My life would be very different now if it had not been for HER and this is down to those of you who have taken the time out of your own busy lives to help the rest of us who have followed you in your struggles.

You have all been through this before us and I think at times we forget that too!

I know that there are other women out there who need HER - they just don't know it yet, and I am thankful that you are here for them just as you were here for me!

I hope others will take a moment to remember exactly what you do for them and how difficult it must be to stay neutral when you will have opinions too. I am sure that they will add their thanks at the bottom of this post too and show you that we really DO appreciate you all, more than words can ever say.

Forever grateful x x x</b>

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby kyatksn » Oct 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Very well said. Thank you ladies!!!
kyatksn
HG Diva

Postby Hilary » Oct 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Thank you.
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby Hilary » Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Sorry, double post, but still thank you! :D
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby blessedw4 » Oct 18, 2007 5:42 pm

I agree 200 % . thanks ladies for all you do and all you put up with.
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby jmwmommysings3 » Oct 18, 2007 6:28 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and thank you!

Jessica

ETA: I would say more since hugs and thank you seem so inadequate for the support I've received but Moira said it all so beautifully I would just be repeating her and poorly at that. You are appreciated.
Down to earth breastfeeding support "pub" at The Leaky B@@b http://leakyboob.blogspot.com/
Blogging our adventures here: http://everydayrebel.blogspot.com/
Ophelia- severe, undiagnosed HG, 11.20.98
Lavinia- moderate HG, 03.25.01
Helena- very severe HG, 03.03.03
Evangeline- severe-moderate HG 01.10.08
jmwmommysings3
Master of HG

Postby sarah23 » Oct 18, 2007 7:18 pm

I am so grateful for this site and all that you do to support it and its members! Thank you.
Sarah
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby Christi » Oct 18, 2007 7:36 pm

Many big thanks to you all. You hav emade my life easier and made my pregnancies less traumatic. My growing brood thanks you! Without support I would never be pregnant with a 4th child!

You ROCK!
Mom of 4 HG babies
daughter: 12-97
son: 8-01
son: 10-05
son 3-08
>o< mc:01-07
Christi
Opinionated HGer

And now a word from Bethers......ok more then a word lol

Postby BethersinMN » Oct 18, 2007 9:12 pm

You gals, my sisters, are awesome. Truly, the most caring people I have NEVER personally met. lol lol lol Even though, I haven't personally met you, I feel like I know most of you, some through sharing happiness, some through sharing sadness and we have shared some huge moments of all of our lifes for years. You guys are always here for so many of us and as stated above you volunteer your time, your knowledge and your support. I, personally, don't know what I would do if it weren't for this site, you gals my sisters, and our founder, Kimber. I truly believe, as I have stated many times before, you all should be beyond proud of yourselfs for the love and care and compassion you show so many of us. You are truly what I believe are angels on earth. God bless you all and thank you for all the support and love thus far. I hope to make you all Aunties next yr. :wink:

Love, Bethers
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby 10yrslater » Oct 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Yes thank you.. I dont know if I would have made it thus far... Even just reading the brave ladies stories helped me more then anything.. Let alone all the one on one support I get.. Thank you..
Caitlyn
10yrslater
Been There Done That

Postby JasmineHG » Oct 19, 2007 4:14 am

i am almost positive i would e an extremely different person- if here at all- if it wasn't for your ladies and this site. My pregnancy was extremely dark and this was one of the few places of refuge i had.

AND BTW- I PLAN TO DO THIS AGAIN ONE CRAZY DAy SO AIN'T NO ONE GOIN ANYWHERE!
Severe HG survivor and major Colts fan!
ImageImage
JasmineHG
HG Diva

Postby -samanthakay- » Oct 19, 2007 7:22 am

This page really did help me and my DP get thru all of my pg with Angelina. Me with support and DP knowing I was not just nuts that there was other young ladies in the same boat as me. :hugs:

You girls made me fight for my baby thru my DP by him knowing I SHOULD stay on zofran I should get IV's.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Angelina DoraMae Sev HG 3-38 weeks
Born 3-3-07
I also have two great bonus babies(adopted stepsons) Devon 18 and Tristin 15
I am very active on facebook
-samanthakay-
Devoted to You

Postby Isba » Oct 19, 2007 9:47 pm

I certainly wish I knew about this site when I was pregnant (I would have had to have known what I had was HG). I did recieve a lot of understanding (and still do) and validation for what I went through when I joined. I just knew my pgy wasn't normal, but I was still extremely hard on myself b/c I just wasn't sure.

Thank you for being here and doing all the work you do. To not feel crazy is very gratifying and relieving! There are so many women who don't get support or get very little. This site really could mean the difference between life and death for some women and could mean the difference between being bewildered and alone and having support and sisterhood.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Barbara
HG, PTSD & PPD survivor x1
Isba
Devoted to You

Postby Brenda » Oct 19, 2007 10:20 pm

I can't say thank you enough!! You guys volunteer your time and work so hard and for that, THANKS!!
Isabella HG Baby #1 11/21/02
Spencer HG Baby #2 4/16/05
Victoria HG Baby # 3 12/19/06
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby MichellevsHG » Oct 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Maddie wouldn't be here without you! :hugs:
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby SLO+MLO.Mommy » Oct 20, 2007 10:31 pm

Moira said it all. I didn't find this site until my 2nd HG pregnancy and I can honestly say it made a HUGE difference from my 1st. I LOVE place and all the people in it.
ERIN
SUPER PROUD MOMMY TO:
Stephen ~ July 16,2004
Mason ~ July 23,2007
SLO+MLO.Mommy
Devoted to You

Postby deb » Oct 21, 2007 4:04 pm

THANK YOU!!! i wouldn't be where i am today if it weren't for this place. you have helped me tremendously in working through my grief and pain.
deb

*jessica heath - hg, stillborn 3.3.06 at 23wks
*levi issachar - hg, 17.11.08
*sela enoch - hg, 4.6.10

ImageImage
deb
Forum Moderator

Postby Krista » Oct 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Because of this place, I have a daughter and for that I am truly thankful.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Krista
Devoted to You

Return to Ask the Administrators