Question for Moderators

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Question for Moderators

Postby Natalie » Jul 28, 2004 10:46 am

Hi All

Ok, I think I may be interested in moderating a forum but I'm not quite sure exactly what the job entails. Could you enlighten me?

I thought if I posted this question here then others in the same position as me would be able to find out too :)

Thank you

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby jjbeck » Jul 30, 2004 10:56 pm

While there is nothing in writing ( that I know of) giving a job description of a her.org moderator, I think it is pretty much just volunteering your time to a certain area of interest giving input and helping others.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby Ivydragon » Sep 03, 2004 10:39 am

. .. and bugging me enough that I remember to add you to the moderator list! lol.

Really, I just ask that you check in at least twice a month into the forum or forums you moderate - not that I've been the best example lately. I've got to get my name out of so many forums. If you need to take a break or will be absent for a week or so just let me or the other moderator in the forum know so we can keep an extra eye on it. You can always bring things of interest or concern to my attention through posting to me, private messaging me through the forum, or emailing me.

:) I figure that personal experience and interest and an HG background and a desire to help pretty much qualifies one to be moderator. It is important to remember to remind women to discuss things with their Dr. and use personal experience or experiences you've read other places if need be so that we are not technically diagnosing and prescribing, but educating and recommending options.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to Ask the Administrators