8 years on

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

8 years on

Postby Itwas2004 » Nov 27, 2012 4:23 pm

In 2004 there was very little on line about HG, so I'm glad mums experiencing it today have this amazing site.
But that's just it I thought I escaped HG, but today on a visit to the dentist he informed me that my daughter had an unusual enamel defect on her adult teeth. When I asked him what caused it he said they didn't really know and gave me a list of possibilities only one that was relevant, illness or diet in pregnancy of the mother....
I'm wondering if any other parents visiting this site who thought they may have left HG behind have experienced glints of HG affecting their children. It's not awful, just sad...
Could we start a forum for long term survivors to share their experiences? Thanks
Itwas2004

Re: 8 years on

Postby aaronsmommy » Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm

There are plenty of long term survivors on here (my son is turning 10 next week, I've been a member of the forum since before my pregnancy with him!)

There is a forum here about long term impact http://www.helpher.org/forum3/viewforum.php?f=13

My son's baby teeth had enamel issues and have had lots of cavities, so far we are doing well with the adult teeth.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Re: 8 years on

Postby teddi » Nov 28, 2012 1:21 am

One of my twins had enamel hypoplasia with her baby teeth. My son though, has most of his adult teeth in now and his back teeth his dentist said he has shallow enamel. Not sure if it's HG related or maybe just genetic in general.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Return to Ask the Administrators