What really gets me...

Need something to do in the comfort of your "home" here? Come play some games with your fellow HGers and get to know them better! Beware, it's very, very addicting.....

Moderator: HelenA

Postby peanut » Mar 16, 2007 12:16 am

That is bad (although kind of fun to put in their place - you just have to know the ins and outs of healthcare to do it :twisted: )

What is really bad, is when you have a bad cold and are medicated on nyquil, sudafed, and hot totties that you still have to take care of the kids. But your husband gets it and it is the end of the world (and he doesn't even need to take meds :roll:
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 16, 2007 7:16 am

That is truly bad! What really gets to me are stupid customer service reps at phone/Internet companies :evil: I called one to tell them that I have been paying for hosting a site that doesn't belong to me. So we spend some time discussing that. Then, as I'm about to hang up, she says "you should renew that site at our special two year discount price." :shock: :shock:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby peanut » Mar 16, 2007 11:42 pm

That is bad (and kind of funny too)

What really gets me is when you can't sleep and night and plan to sleep during the day and a little person will not sleep during their normal nap times.
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 17, 2007 6:54 am

That is very bad, and frustrating!
What really gets me is my computer freezing up just when I wrote a whole long thing but didn't save it!
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Gracie » Mar 17, 2007 8:05 am

Yup.. that gets me too as it has twice this week!

But what really gets me is the weather forecaster calling for 30+cm of snow overnight and bad conditions, so I arrange to have not kids all weekend so all I have to do is lay around and read and nap and be lazy (except laundry)... but I wake up to only 2 cm of snow and now feel guilty because my reason for being so lazy is now gone! I want my blizzard! (sorry...) :cry:
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Mar 17, 2007 9:49 am

That guilt inducing non-blizzard thing is bad! I hope you get your snow :lol:

But what really gets me is when it's 80 degrees one day here in Kansas then 32 the next :shock:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby twillow » Mar 17, 2007 10:11 am

That is truely annoying! The same thing here in Pensacola - the local saying is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."

What really annoys me is when people learn that you are a nurse and then assume that you can give them medical advice on their/their family/ their friends medical condition - Hello - I take care of preemies!!!

Tiffany
twillow
Been There Done That

Postby Gracie » Mar 17, 2007 3:02 pm

Yup that is really annoying (I am a respiratory therapist... I also work with preemies but used to work in anesthesia).

What is worse is when you CAN offer them some advice and it doesn't suit them or is not what they want to hear so they go ahead and do their own thing anyhow.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby tatteredtoo » Mar 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Sounds annoying enough to me!:roll:

What really gets me though, is when everyone and everything seems to be pouring salts on wounds that have healed and been reopened. Why does it have to happen like that?! The cruel irony...
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby peanut » Mar 18, 2007 12:50 am

That is bad,

What is really annoying is when you want to clean (because the house is a mess) but your back went out the last time you cleaned (two days ago) - OK I also moved a ton of heavy stuff and I have a bad back, but it is still annoying.
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Mar 18, 2007 6:47 pm

That is so bad, and I did the same thing last week, I gutted the kitchen out and cleaned, then the next day I totally cleaned out the bedroom and did all the laundry, then the next day I could barely move at all without keeling over!

But my gripe for the day is... When your mum comes round on mothers day and you give her a gift and all she does is says "oh thanks" and then proceeds to tell you what a wonderful gift your sibling got her! :evil:
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby peanut » Mar 18, 2007 7:44 pm

That is horrible.

What gets me is people constantly telling you things and then following it up with, "don't tell anyone, esp [the person who it was about]
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Mar 18, 2007 8:36 pm

That is annoying, but what really gets me is when the cable company cut your cable off because they say you haven't paid, and it turns out you have paid it but they hadn't registered the payment on their computers!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby peanut » Mar 19, 2007 2:33 am

That's infuriating.

What gets me is when you are going on a trip with family and they want to wait until the last moment to book the hotel. I need to know how much it is going to cost!
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Mar 19, 2007 7:57 am

so very annoying, but what gets me is when you get up in the morning and the milkman hasn't been and you call up the dairy and they say that "We're very sorry, but your milkman is off sick today, your milk will be with you about lunchtime"

And just how am I supposed to feed my girls their cereal without milk? I guess it's toast then :roll:
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby peanut » Mar 19, 2007 8:17 am

You still have milkmen??!!!!

What gets me is when your husband takes the baby so you can sleep all night, but you wake up all sore and hurting and can't sleep at 3am
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Mar 19, 2007 8:43 am

Yes we do..lol but not on the scale it used to be, most people buy from the shops now, but I like it waiting for me when i get up.

And that is annoying, but what gets me is that it's almost 2pm now and my milk still isn't here! :evil:
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby peanut » Mar 19, 2007 8:45 am

That's bad (sorry still can't get over that you guys still have milkmen - doesn't the milk ever spoil?)

What is bad is when your dh says he will be getting up shortly and he is still in bed.
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby HelenA » Mar 19, 2007 8:49 am

I can imagine that would be annoying, but my DH never lies in..well he does..Kinda, for him! See he usually gets up around 3-4am so his lay in is getting up at 7am.

What really gets me is that I am on a roll here and both girls have woken up together and I have to go!!

And no the milk doesn't spoilt..lol My milkman delivers around 7am and we get up at 7.30am ish so it's not there long, plus it's not hot enough here to spoil.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby peanut » Mar 19, 2007 8:53 am

That is bad.

What is bad is when you try to joke with your husband by sending your son in with the tiniest bit of water to dump on him to wake up and he overreacts and says that the whole bed is soaked.
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

PreviousNext

Return to Games! Games! Games!