Calling all non-US HG'ers for genetic research!

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Calling all non-US HG'ers for genetic research!

Postby Xphile_mo » Aug 12, 2007 10:25 am

You've probably all noticed the genetic research study by now and read the terms that it's for US only ......

Well - they've agreed to let those of us who can afford to pay for ourselves to (and want to!) take part, do so!!! :D :D :D

<b> It will cost you the price of a 5-15 minute phone call to Los Angeles, California and possibly the postage of the DNA samples. If you would like to help find a cure for this awful disease and are able to fund your own place (and that of your control*), please e-mail marlena at nvpstudy@usc.edu and she will let you know if you are eligible to take part. </b>

It would be fantastic if those of us who can afford to help can, but we realise that not everyone is in this position. If you are unable to fund yourself taking part, please do not feel bad. It is appreciated that you were willing to help :hugs:

I will post a short note on the already opened thread for the US residents, but wanted to post here for those of you who may already have looked and discovered you couldn't help due to being from another country.

Thanks for reading xx

* I am paying for my control as I do not think it is fair for someone who didn't suffer HG to pay for it's research - this is not a given and entirely up for discussion with your control if you decide to go ahead! :D
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 12, 2007 10:57 am

Rock on Moira!!!

I knew the costs and limited grant funding were tight....so glad you can participate!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby LisaI » Oct 26, 2007 8:48 am

I emailed Marlena so we'll see if I am eligable to participate. thanks!
Lisa
3HG pregnancies
Lauren Antoinette- 4/18/2004
Audrina Lillian- 2/29/2008
LisaI
Been There Done That

Return to Research Opportunities