Excited to be coming to the show

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Excited to be coming to the show

Postby starfish » Feb 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Hello Dr. Phil I am Aricka Beck and I am excited to be attending your show this Thursday. I have suffered through three HG pregnancies and I am currently pregnant right now. My first HG pregnancy was when I was 20 I didn't know I had HG so I didn't tell my doctor I thought it would diminish, because I thought it was morning sickness. I let this go on for weeks until my body just couldn't handle it anymore. I was hospitalized several times and then finally they placed a picc line. I was nervous and scared because I didn't know what would happen to the baby. I was on a food supplement through my picc line for two months. When I was throwing up I developed a hernia from all the pressure I was putting on my body, a week after my son was born I had to have surgery to get it repaired because my abs split from top to bottom. I know people think I am crazy to have done this three more times, but, my doctors are great and my husband is caring and supportive. I love my children and would do anything for them. And through good care and prayer this pregnancy has been like a dream. Thank you for helping people to know what HG is because I am tired of explaining that I don't want to throw up!
starfish

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil