The Good, The Bad, The Blessing

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

The Good, The Bad, The Blessing

Postby camilliah » Feb 27, 2007 8:02 am

I would love to give sincere thanks and appreciation to you Dr. Phil, for acknowledging this horrific disease and how it attacks women all over the world during the most precious time of their lives.(Conceiving a child). I pray that your show brings about an awareness so big, that we all feel it deep down in our soul. I love you so much for this.

I unlike some suffered from Hyperemesis from 5 weeks till I gave birth to my son. I wanted to die every day and I wanted to rid my body of this horrible disease. I couldn't eat or drink. I was losing weight daily. I resulted to a pic line, but mine was a port implanted in my left upper breast bone area, to feed me Hyperalimentation feedings throughout the day, I had a reglan pump in my thigh area, which pump me anti-nausea medicine 24 hours a day. I felt as though I was losing my life daily. During my 7 month, I was truly giving up and I went into full pre-partum depression. Everyday I counted how long I had up until my due date. I constantly cried, screamed, and drove myself crazy, but I never let a sole see it. I hid my depression because I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I than began to beg the doctors to induce my labor because I couldn't bare the sickness anymore, of course for the safety of the child they refuse, and plus I was far along yet. Hyperemesis definitely attacks the bod, and as soon as you start to receive proper nutrition and care for it, it attacks the mind. It is not a psychological disease, it becomes one. I along with many women, had to stay in prayer and have a support system. Only God and Support can get you through that horrible disease.

I too am amongst many women that has suffered and survived HG.
I recently wrote a book entitled, "The Good, The Bad, The Blessing".
The Purpose of my book is to give anyone that is willing to read a birds eye view of my experience with Pregnancy. From a positive pregnancy test, to a severe rare morning sickness, and realizing post-partum depression, This book will intertwine you into the depths of my struggle and how I coped and overcame Hyperemesis Gravidarum. My pregnancy may have been different for some, but a perfect match for others. The Good, The Bad, The Blessing is a clear statement of Surviving the Storm.
Camillia Harris-Butler
camilliah

Thank You

Postby TraciWilliams2 » Feb 27, 2007 3:04 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for writing a book on what you went through with the disease. It is so important for people to learn about this.
TraciWilliams2

Re: Thank You

Postby camilliah » Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm

Thank you so much for your Congrats. I am hoping just like others to spread the word and get as much recognition on this disease as possible. Wish me luck
Camillia Harris-Butler
camilliah

book

Postby Caitlin's mom » Feb 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Where can I buy this incredible book? I'm going to get a copy for all my family and friends!!!

Bridget

Caitlin's mom
Devoted to You

Re: book

Postby camilliah » Feb 27, 2007 8:36 pm

You can purchase the book at any major book retailer or at:

www.amazon.com
www.target.com
www.bn.com
www.borders.com
www.authorhouse.com

Thanks for all your support