WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

Postby so_tired » Feb 27, 2007 5:31 pm

I am currently pregnant with my sencond child. I am 11 weeks pregnant. And yes I have hyperemisis. I went through this with my first child he is now seven yrs old. With my son I was treated as though I was faking it or just being a wimp. Finally about one month of LOTS OF COMPLAINING I got IV"S at home. I was given 24 hr bags of fluids with anti-nausea medicine and prenatal vitiamins since I could not take any medications by mouth. I had this until I was about 5 1/2 months. After that I was fine had a very healthy boy. Now here I am eight yrs later going through the same thing. Only now I have different doctor, one of which I am not sure she understands any of this. I have been on three different meds so far and in the hosp 3 times they keep me one to two days and send me home. The last time I was sent home I was told by the hosp case worker that THE WE THE HOSP HAS DONE OUR PART , WHEN YOU GO HOME AND TAKE THE MEDS AS PRESCRIBED YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE. I realized at this point the hosp had red flagged me as a hypochondriac. I had never been so insulted in all my life. When will people understand? I can see how much has changed since I had my son, but I also see so much has not. Insurance Comps. I sure would like to know who decides what they will not pay for. My insurance comp told me that I did not loose enough weight for them to give me the IV'S at home. They wanted me to loose 10-15 lbs. Who to blame. They all seem to think it is my fault for getting pregnant. I want to thank everyone for convincing myself that after this baby I want to get fixed just so I never have to go through this again. I am just so tired.

Thank you so much for listening
Stacy Anliker
Francesville, IN
so_tired

Postby Susannah » Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

Welcome Stacy. I am sorry to hear about your HG and the awful way you have been treated by your medical team. Please feel free to post in 1`st trimester - You are almost in second tri YIPPIE!!! It helps to vent, ask questions etc. The ladies on this site may be able to brainstorm ways to improve your medical care/deal with your insurance co etc.
:hugs:
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby Princesshood » Mar 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Welcome Stacy!!!!
Thank you for your story.
:hugs: Sara

Jak, Angel Baby since August 2006