Thank You

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

Thank You

Postby skamomma » Feb 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Dear Dr. Phil,

I only learned of HG about 6 weeks ago. I thought I had some kind of horrible stomach bug or maybe food poisoning. Eventually I figured out I was pregnant, and I have spent the last six weeks getting medical attention but not doing much else. I have been rendered completely useless. I can't work, I soend almost all day every day in bed, and I rely on my husband for everything. Even when the meds work and I am doing better, it only means that the vomiting has stopped, I still generally feel horrible. This has been quite an introduction to motherhood!

I have wanted a child for a very long time, so it has been hard to second guess myself just because of how sick I feel. I lost about 12 lbs. in a couple of weeks, and have had to take a bunch of medications of questionable safety that are safer than starving my baby. Some of my family and friends, with the exception of my amazing husband, by and large I don't think understand. It's just morning sickness they think. Even my OB told me that thinking about vomiting will make me vomit. I assure you I don't think about vomiting blood! I am tired, and hungry! This is a terrible disaese and so few people are aware of it.

This is why I am grateful to you. By shining a light on this awful disease, hopefully you will create a new level of awareness and understanding. As you will hear on the show, or can even find in the vents section of the HER Foundation forums, the lack of understanding when you feel like you are literally dying is a huge morale killer. Thank you for focusing attention on this.

Sincerely,

A loyal fan -- Shannon Aronin
Austin, TX
skamomma

Postby Princesshood » Mar 01, 2007 10:25 pm

[quote] I assure you I don't think about vomiting blood.[end quote] lol. No kidding!! I can't stop laughing. Me too.
:hugs: Sara

Jak, Angel Baby since August 2006

Princesshood
HG Diva

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil