Journalist wants to speak with HG women in UK!

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Journalist wants to speak with HG women in UK!

Postby annmarie » Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am

Ladies, We have a freelance journalist who is about to take on an article on HG for the UK publications.
She is looking for the following...

In her own words
"What I will need for this article is one woman with an especially strong story to tell - someone who lost a great deal of weight or someone who has sadly had to terminate pregnancies because of the condition. They must have pictures of them while pregnant to illustrate the story too.
However, if more than one woman wants to tell her story then that's fine as I can either pitch it as a story including all of them, or use them for separate articles in different magazines (I write for many different magazines, so that's fine!)."

So ladies know that pictures are needed and she may have a photographer come out and take new photos of you and family. Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Ann Marie
Ann Marie King
Co-Founder
HER Foundation
"Together we are heard, alone we are silent"
annmarie
Forums Administrator

Postby natts » Mar 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi, i currently have HG, alough diagnosed as severe there are people on here who have MUCH stronger and worse stories to tell than myself. but i would be happy to tell my story if needed.
im currently nearly 16 weeks pregnanct and have so far lost 28 lbs in weight, i've been admitted for rehydration therapy four times now.... and still counting.

Please let me know if i can help at all.
natts
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natasha » Mar 06, 2007 12:40 pm

I spoke to her today and offered my story. However due to most of my family not knowing I terminated I do not want to be photographed.

I would really love to help with this article but only on an annonymous basis.

Sorry
Natasha
Been There Done That

Postby sarahkate » Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Natasha,

We are really privileged that you have shared all your story with us. Don't be sorry. You are a wonderful lady and none of us would have you sacrifice your valuable privacy after the hardest thing you could go through even for awareness to be raised.

Hugs,

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Return to UK Mothers