Panorama - UK Midwife Special

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Panorama - UK Midwife Special

Postby natts » May 03, 2007 11:08 am

HI just thought i'd let you know that tonight at 8pm BBC1 there is a panorama show about UK midwives and abut the short staffing........ may be interesting!

im going to tape it as daughter came down with sickness bug this morning :-( pray i dont catch it!!
natts
Welcomed Friend

Postby kk » May 09, 2007 6:54 am

I watched it!!! not very impressive really and has definately pushed me more towards having a home birth.......... I really dont fancy giving birth in the corridors of a hospital..............

Kate x x x x x x x x
kk
Opinionated HGer

Postby natts » May 13, 2007 9:36 am

i know what you mean! it was very scary!
maybe we should also add a box of chocolates to our hospital bags to sweeten up the midwives on arrival!
natts
Welcomed Friend

Postby HelenA » May 16, 2007 5:53 am

I saw it, and a lot of the stuff that was happening to those women also happened to me with JJ. I thought the way those women were being shoved into little corners and left with no care was abysmal. And the way they spoke of their patients was awful. If I ever heard any nurses talking about patients, whether me or anyone else I would report them, what happened to bedside manner?

My midwife is very good, I really like her, but she wasn't working the night I had JJ.

I could never do that job, I'm sure I'd be fired for speaking my mind.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to UK Mothers