Hello

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Hello

Postby mt75 » Nov 17, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi

Ive just come out of hospital and thought i would look up my condition. I have to say i am glad i am not the only one going through this. I have been made to feel like i am over exagerating and neurotic this past week or so.

I am almost eight weeks pregnant and suffering from HG with excessive saliva, which in itself is a great discomfort. I have tried various meds in the past few days...Domperidone suppositories, Maxolon syrup, an anti sickness injection (name unknown), stemastil injection and anti sickness bands around my wrists.... all to no avail. I have just come out of hospital last night, where i spent 72 hours hooked up to an IV drip (7 in total) and yet was still sick several times today. I cannot eat or drink, the smallest of movements and the weakest of smells has me wretching and the only time i feel any let up is when i sleep.

I would love to speak to anyone in the UK or beyond who is suffering or has suffered too as i feel no-one understands at all what i am going through.

Regards and best wishes
Michelle xx
mt75

Postby sarahkate » Nov 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the HER forums. I am so sorry you are so sick and feeling so miserable.

Is this your first pregnancy? Congratulations! Whereabouts in the UK are you?

You have tried a fair few things - sometimes they are worth persevering with. Have they sent you home with anything to continue?
There are other medications that could be tried - cyclizine, certainly, maybe stemetil in a different form?

If things continue to be as bad, don't fear going back in. If ivs are what you need, then make sure you get them.

Things have moved on in the UK... but it can still be very isolating. Would a phone call help? PM me your number if you like, or you can have mine. I live in Manchester with my very cute HG baby and I am more than happy to listen.

Sarah xxx
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby Natalie » Nov 17, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Michelle and welcome from me too.

I'm so sorry you are suffering. Congrats on the pgy - is this your first or your first with HG?

As Sarah said, there are other meds you can try so don't give up hope yet. I know I found the isolation of HG pretty tough to take - psychologically I went downhill through being so sick and being so isolated. Definitely having people who understand and can keep an eye on your may help lift your mood if that is something you are struggling with.

Do keep posting here - there are quite a few regular UK ladies on here and I'm sure they will be more than happy to give you lots fo advice and tips on how to manage.

What can we do for you?

Hang in there!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Cin » Nov 17, 2007 9:53 pm

Welcome and congrats on your baby. So sorry aboutb the HG!

We have a great contingent of UK mommas here who I know will help.

Please go on over to the first trimester folder, and meet some of the other women who are in first trimester. Feel free to post anywhere (in any folder) on the site.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Return to UK Mothers