New Moderator from Canada

A place to discuss specific challenges and options in Canada.

Moderator: Moderators

New Moderator from Canada

Postby Ivydragon » Jan 22, 2005 5:53 pm

Joanna is from Canada, and volunteered to moderate in here. I know it's so important to have gals from as many different countries as possible. The drugs vary from country to country, and I'm so excited to have a Canadian moderator because we've needed one for such a long time!

Hugs to all,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby bibliojo » Jan 25, 2005 6:02 pm

Hi all,

Most of you around here know me but I just thought I would do a quick little summary of who I am and my experience with HG for the benefit of anyone that is new to this forum.

I'm 28 and live with my dh and ds in Vancouver, Canada. I have been through HG once. For me, it lasted from week 5 to week 18 and I was treated at first with Diclectin (which is like the unisom and B6 combination that is talked about so much on this site). When that didn't work and I was admitted to hospital, I was put on a combination of Maxeran (Reglan), Gravol (Dramamine), and Ranitidine. While this by no means "cured" me, it took the edge off and I didn't vomit as many times per day as earlier in the pregnancy. The nauseousness was still dreadful though. Well, about six months ago I started thinking about having another child and I began researching HG and treatment options on the web. It was then that I came across this website. These forums have been a great source of information and encouragement for me. I hope that they will be the same for you!

I'm currently at the stage of trying to find a knowledgable doctor to treat me this next pregnancy and also finalizing my protocol with the plan of ttc in May or June of this year. Through this process, I have learned a lot about how Canadian doctors treat HG. If you have any questions, please post them and I'll try and help you out as much as I can.

So, welcome to this forum! I'm glad you found us and I'm here to help you in whatever way I can!

Hugs,

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Canadian Mothers