Canada..... zofran pump?

A place to discuss specific challenges and options in Canada.

Moderator: Moderators

Canada..... zofran pump?

Postby Lianna » Aug 16, 2007 12:35 pm

I wasn't sure which folder to post this. Here is a link.......

http://forums.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=24600
Lianna
Been There Done That

Postby bibliojo » Aug 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Lianna, I'm sorry - I haven't heard of anyone getting a zofran pump in Canada. A PICC line is the most aggressive treatment that any of the girls from Canada on this website so far have recieved. :(
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Lianna » Aug 16, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks Joanna! That's kind of what I figured but thought I would ask anyways. Feeling kind of frustrated right now and trying to brainstorm any other possible things to try to help with the nausea. Can I just go to sleep and someone wake me up in 2008? That would do the trick :lol:
Lianna
Been There Done That

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 16, 2007 7:04 pm

If you can get IV Zofran, then all you need is any kind of infusion pump and you can do a "Zofran pump"

I haven't heard of anyone using it, and unfortunately there isn't much data supporting that it works better than other treatments, so it is probably pretty unlikely, but it does sound like it would be possible.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Atsie » Aug 16, 2007 10:02 pm

I replied in the med folder too.

I know I had the same kind of pump as the girls with the zofran pump but for my picc line. That said it was so hard to get my picc line that I imagine getting the pump would take lots of convincing. I suggest getting all the info you can on it and bringing it to your Dr. Often they are unaware or unsure of more aggresive courses of treatment. My OB (is awesome) but thought that diclectin would do it for me. He thought Zofran shouldn't be used. But with the info I gave and my begging he came around.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby carla » Oct 27, 2007 7:10 pm

I have the same pump as Erin did with the picc line and 2 ports. One port is hooked up to saline infused with gravol with the pump and the other port gets IV zofran and other meds using mini bags. I bet you could run the zofran through the pump no problem. You could probably also infuse it into the saline bag. THe picc line has been a true gift for me and I would totally recommend it to anyone who has trouble keeping anything down. The real challenge in Canada is getting tpn at home.
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Return to Canadian Mothers