Citrotein...

A place to discuss specific challenges and options in Canada.

Moderator: Moderators

Citrotein...

Postby Gracie » Nov 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Warning... FOODMENT....

There are two non-milk, non-soy based enteral supplements in Canada; Citrisource which does not contain fat and Citrotein which has some fat in it. Citrisource tastes like tang but 3 portions contain all the dietary vits/mins and protein for the day. If it helps, making a slush in the blender with crushed ice helps it go down. It has been hit and miss for me, mostly miss, but if it helps anyone else... the protein is egg-white based so it is pretty easy to digest. The Citrotein whips up like an orange julius with some ice in the blender. Definitely better than Ensure and others.

Most WalMart pharmacies will order them...

Good luck.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Nov 28, 2005 10:59 am

I wish I had known that while PG!!!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » Nov 28, 2005 2:07 pm

At least you can pass on the info when necessary... it kept me just barely off TPN. I tried freezing it into popsicles... comes out slushy. Too many vits and electrolytes I guess. Unfortunately, the past four days have been bad, and if tomorrow and Wednesday are not much better it is back to the hospital for me. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope this little bean realises how much it is loved; otherwise I would have just crawled under my bed and stayed there weeks ago.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby carla » Nov 28, 2005 2:11 pm

thanks for the info. That is great to know. I am sure that it will be a great help to people.
Severe HG with DD (Gracee) 30/03/2006
Severe HG with DD (Amara) 01/04/2008
carla
HG Diva

Return to Canadian Mothers