Canadians: Wanna be on CBC Radio?

A place to discuss specific challenges and options in Canada.

Moderator: Moderators

Canadians: Wanna be on CBC Radio?

Postby Cin » Mar 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey, Canadian HGers.

I'm finally back at work again. When I'm not HGing, I'm a health reporter for the CBC.

I talked to the producer of one of our national morning shows, Sounds Like Canada with Shelagh Rogers, and she showed some interest in doing an HG panel. They're thinking of having several HGers from across the country join Shelagh for a conversation about HG, either on the phone from home if you can't leave the house, or from a CBC studio.

I'd probably be on the panel as well, talking about the disease and my own experience with it. Plus I think they may have an HG expert on (maybe someone from MotherRisk?)

Anyone willing to tell Canada about HG? (And hey, you're not on TV, so you can wear your pjs!)

Add to this string or PM me!

Cindy
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Mar 30, 2006 1:58 pm

This sounds like a great idea! However, I'm not all that outgoing (you'd never guess from all the blabbing I do on here eh? :lol: ) and I'd probably be really nervous so I probably won't be your best candidate! Maybe there's some more articulate Canadians out there that would be willing to go for it?

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 30, 2006 3:00 pm

Near Canada but not quite :wink: . Great project! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Thank you so much for advocating for the cause we all hold dear.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Cin » Apr 06, 2006 12:57 pm

I've got two volunteers -- hooray! I'll let you all know how it shapes up.

Joanna -- that's cool, I understand, but still, I wish you'd think it over, because you're involved in that MotherRisk study, and it would be cool to have a participant. But, hey, no pressure! Just keep surviving HG. :lol:

Thanks for the support, everyone!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 06, 2006 1:25 pm

YAY, Cin!

Soon I'll be announcing the PPD tv documentary coming out on Canadian television...when the producer is done editing, he said he'll let me know.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Cin » Apr 06, 2006 3:09 pm

Oh, hooray! Good job, Suzanne!

It's so great to see women's health issues on the agenda!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » Apr 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Cin,

I'm still hanging in there... usually I would jump at the chance (has it come across how outspoken I can be?? :lol: ) but with all the hormones and daily ups and downs, etc... you don't need me having a meltdown on-air! There is a fairly good chance that this is what would happen right now.
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Cin » Apr 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Thar's cool, Gracie, just keep you and baby going! :wink: Don't worry about anything else!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

Return to Canadian Mothers