I got a short break!!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I got a short break!!

Postby rharrison81 » Jun 22, 2004 6:08 pm

It was the greatest thing ever! Almost a week with puking maybe once a day. However I'm so sad to see it go :cry: Last night I started getting real sick again :sigh: I went into the clinic today and the good news is I wasn't dehydrated, no keytones! We did get a heartbeat to rule out molar and on July 7th a u/s to rule out twins. They've now added reglan 3 times a day 1/2 before each meal to my kytril every 12 hours. The nurse started talking about a NG tube and picc line so that may be next if this doesn't work.
Rachael Harrison
2 normal pgs, 1HG pg
Destiny '98, Hannah '01
EDD 1/19/05
rharrison81

Re: I got a short break!!

Postby MamaLily » Jun 26, 2004 1:10 am

Rachael -

That is great to have a short break! Any HGer would give almost anything for those breaks...I know that I would have! Labor was nothing next to HG - because of the BREAKS in between contractions. I can handle anything with breaks! :lol: But, I'm sorry to hear that you are sick again.

I'm wondering why the nurse is talking about an NG tube or PICC when you aren't dehydrated. Are you losing weight? I just have to put in my (STRONG) opinion that an NG tube is a better option than a PICC line. Let me know if it comes to that...hopefully it won't! :)

Hang in there!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby rharrison81 » Jun 26, 2004 12:10 pm

The nurse was just going over possible next options with me. The biggest problem is I don't have the weight to loose. I'm only 5'2 and 94lbs I was just skin and bones to start out with and only gain between 16 and 18lbs when pregnant and have 5 and 6lb babies. Usually by now I've put on atleast a pound or 2 but so far nothing this time around. I know that before too long I'll be done puking a holding a sweet baby in my arms that goal is the only thing keeping me going. I don't even like food any more and i used to love it. I only eat now because I have to and I only eat what is on my BRAT diet. Aggghhhh.
Rachael Harrison
2 normal pgs, 1HG pg
Destiny '98, Hannah '01
EDD 1/19/05
rharrison81

Postby Ivydragon » Jun 28, 2004 2:19 pm

Why are you only on a BRAT diet? I can't remember if they've tried you on Zofran, and if so, why the Kytril instead, and at what dose of Zofran were you on?

Have you considered adding injected B6 instead of going to the PICC or NG tube? You might pull out of this soon. Often the B6/Unisom really helps, and even the injected B6 makes a huge difference.

Reglan helps the most if you're actually eating - not much of a difference on the nausea, usually, just moving things through. I'm really surprised about the BRAT diet - HGers are usually told to eat anything they can that will stay down and that is remotely interesting to them! If you're not dehydrated, and you're eating, that's wonderful! It's also great you're not sliding backwards. I can understand wanting you to put weight on, soon, but is it so hopeless that you'll be able to do so on your own?!?

Huge hugs, and keep us posted,

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG