Sick and Tired

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Re: Kat How Are You?

Postby koolaidNcookiesmom » Jul 19, 2004 10:27 am

Hi Kimberly! We did get reimbursed some of the $, but the other $ went towards the deductible.
I think dh will make the calls to the insurance for me now, I got mad at one lady and went off on her (she wouldn't tell me why they wouldn't give me my meds and I told her it would be her fault if I went into the hospital for dehydration and I would blame her if I lost my kid). I usually don't do that, but I am so emotional right now!
I am 12wks, 3 days and I am feeling better (I still throw up a few times a day, but nothing compared to not being able to eat anything)! I am back down to 4mg instead of 8 (I cut my 8mg in half), which is less expensive and everything.
I go to the dr this Tuesday and every Tuesday until my bleeding stops, and they also check my weight to make sure we have my hg under control.
Good luck with ttc if you decided to, You are definatly braver than me! This is my 2nd, and my last! We are planning to adopt when our baby is 2 or so.
Kat
koolaidNcookiesmom

Good For You

Postby kmwilson » Jul 19, 2004 2:10 pm

I'm glad to hear you are surviving.

As far as having an attitude with the representatives, sometimes only the squeky wheel gets the grease.

My doctor had to call the insurance company during my second pregnancy. He stated they could pay for my medicine and short hospital stays to prevent problems. Or he would admit me for the remainder of my pregnancy to ensure I received proper care regardless of the cost to the insurance company.

After that they were more than happy to oblige. However, it usually takes talking to a supervisor in that department to cut through all the tape.

Feel free to email me or private message any questions. I know the frustrations.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Frisco, TX
2 HG Pregnancies
Daughter 2000
Son 2002

HG began at 6-8 wks; Zofran from 12 wks until around 25-26 wks. Despite HG, I loved the miracle of birth.
kmwilson

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 19, 2004 6:12 pm

Kat, I'm glad to see you feeling a bit better. I do hope that bleeding stops soon, so worrysome.

I totally agree that asking straight for a supervisor is the thing to do when talking w/ insurance companies ~ you get so much farther, and really find out the truth about what your coverage is for HG drugs!

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Previous

Return to First Trimester HG