Not feeling too good anymore.....

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Not feeling too good anymore.....

Postby kitty_doc » Jun 30, 2004 7:23 pm

I went on vacation this week and it hit me while out of town. Fortunately, it is still fairly mild, but definitely present. I only had to take Zofran once and I think I needed it because I waited too long to eat and was hot and tired (at an amusement park). I took the 8mg Zofran ODT (YUCK!), and it worked great. I am otherwise still only taking the B6 three times a day, Zantac twice a day and Unisom once a day and can tolerate the nausea pretty well for now. The Zofran really constipates me, so I am trying not to take it unless I just have to....I am finding the best thing for me is sleep! I feel fine while I am sleeping and decent for a half hour after I get up, so I am trying to rest as much as possible. I pray this is my easy pg......

6w6d :D
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Jul 04, 2004 11:31 am

Hopefully the heat and energy output was somewhat to blame for HG setting in, but it might not neccessarily go away, either. Probably not.

Try to make sure small frequent meals are going in (snacks, really), and that you try to stay hydrated.

You still have some room to adjust your Unisom dose - Max according to Motherisk is 75 mgs of Doxcilimine Succinate = 3 full Unisom tabs (blue breakable ones). Taking smaller (1/2 or 1/4) doses can reduce the sleepy affect (if you actually want it to). ;)

Keep me updated. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a vacation before the worst sets in.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby mom2matt » Jul 22, 2004 7:22 pm

How is it going...did you ask about Zofran ODT..oral disovle tab..they work pretty good, you just be dehydrated' when you take meds..or they dont work..great to know when your a HGer!!

Shlby
Matt 10/01
mom2matt

Return to First Trimester HG