pregnant! need buddies please, recommendations on prenatal

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Postby MamaLily » Aug 04, 2004 10:02 pm

Andy -

Oh, I can't believe you had to give up your spot...I'm so sorry! I guess you and I can be baby hungry together. :cry:

Thanks for the insurance info. I'll be back in UT in a week, and I'm going to look into everything then.

I'll be thinking about you!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby RebeccaM » Aug 05, 2004 1:23 pm

Andy-
I'm so sorry that you had to give up your spot! Hopefully the excitement of your foriegn exchange student will keep your mind off of it, somewhat. I hope it all goes well! Have you been scrapbooking much? I keep thinking I need to get going on some pages.

Anna-
I can't believe you're going to back in Utah so soon! We'll have to plan lunch. (I wish Andy could go :cry: )
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby carriedodson » Aug 05, 2004 8:39 pm

Andy,

I am sorry you had to give up your spot. Hang in there and I would cry, too. We're thinking of you
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

For Andy and Carrie

Postby danimomof2girls » Aug 06, 2004 8:42 am

Andy,
I'm so sorry to hear about you having to give up your spot as well. I feel like our family is not complete yet and that there will be an adoption in our future after I finish my nursing degree and the girls are in school. My husband and I would love to have a son eventually and since we will not be conceiving again, I think adoption would be great for us. I think that there is a season for everything though and that what is meant to happen in your life will. It's sort of a "Pollyanna-ish" way of thinking, but sometimes there are obstacles in life that we can't control. We can't see the big picture and who knows what will happen! I'm thinking of you though. I can only imagine how heartbroken you are. I always remind myself of the wonderful blessings in my daughters that have been bestowed upon me. So many have a hard time conceiving and although my pregnancies were not without a price, who could put a price tag on being a mom? You're in my thoughts!

Carrie,
I just wanted to let you know that I took flinstone vitamins with iron my first pregnancy...they were better than nothing. I too have heard of chewable prenatal vitamins and I heard that they surprisingly do not taste bad. However, I don't know how they would taste to someone with HG. I imagine that they are worth a try. My second pregnancy, I found out we were prego at 3 weeks gestation and found an OBGYN right away (we had just moved to TN that week!!!). He was wonderfully proactive and we sat down and mapped out a plan for when the HG really kicked in. He said that the Reglan pump was a "spit in the ocean" and called my insurance company and got a Zofran pump approved right away. Everything we discussed came about according to protocol and although I was stressed with the chaos that HG caused in our lives, it was nice to know that my doctor and I had a plan and that my health would be handled accordingly. It was kind of "one less thing to worry about." Anyway, just a thought. It relieved a lot of my worries and I think I handled my second pregnancy much better mentally and emotionally. I'm thinking of you and wishing you the BEST OF LUCK!
Danielle
SURVIVED HG TWICE!
Kaitlyn Elise (11/22/99) - Hospitalized 13 times
Julia Leigh (02/03/02) - Given Zofran SubQ pump
Rec'd TPN's via Hickman Catheter from 7 weeks gestation till birth after failed enteral treatment.
danimomof2girls
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 07, 2004 10:50 am

Thanks, everyone for your condolences of a sort. I hate the feeling that my hands are tied, but for now they are in that respect, but not in others. We CAN afford to build a new room in the basement, and get or borrow everything we need to make our exchange student welcome and comfortable, and since we DO have her arrival date, and we certainly don't for a baby, she's our priority. The kids also start school in a few weeks and so we're waiting for all of our supplies to arrive so we can start their new curriculum.

Rebecca - scrapbooking?!? I am reluctant to answer, because those of you who know me well will really know how my summer has been by my answer. Honestly? I haven't scrapbooked since February. It has taken me 3 months to read 3/4 of my scrapbook magazine, and I have one I haven't even opened! My curtains are getting finished, though, and I've looked at those for 3 months! lol. There is progress - just not enough to sit and scrapbook, just sit and sew. I have to get caught up here before I'll feel like I can scrapbook, and that's probably not happening quite yet here.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby RebeccaM » Aug 08, 2004 12:20 am

Goodness, you have curtains already? We've been in our house for over a year and we STILL don't! :P I guess that's what I get for not getting a sewing machine and learning how to sew. I'm just horrible at it.

It sounds like you've had a full summer. I don't doubt it, what with getting a new house in order, preparing for an exchange student, and still being a mom to three kids! It takes a strong woman!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby carriedodson » Aug 08, 2004 9:53 am

you girls are too much. I need to scrapbook too the album with my daughter and curtains- we have been in this house a year and I am , um, still trying to decide on my color scheme. JC Pennys has some nice things but can't decide. Hope you all have a great Sunday- wish we lived closer to have a scrapping party. :D
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 08, 2004 1:09 pm

Yeah, that'd be so cool, scrapbooking w/ tons of other HGers - oh the conversations we'd have, lol.

If I don't make curtains we'll have no window coverings at all! I actually have had some up, just not really finished, and I do sew well. I'm really crafty. $'s tight, but I have plenty to still keep me busy. Thinking about knitting some winter sweaters. If I start now they might just wear them before Spring! Hmm, I have some unplanned time today, maybe I'll go dig out some yarn. :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Previous

Return to First Trimester HG