lysterine strips

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

lysterine strips

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 15, 2004 2:28 pm

When pregnant I always had a hideous taste in the back of my mouth, and of course could not brush my teeth. Mouthwash against my throat made me gag, but Lysterine strips (or the equivalent) in cinnamon and mint took the taste away and didn't trip my gag reflex.

Hope this helps someone.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby mammaclare » Jul 15, 2004 8:32 pm

I ate an average of SIX BOXES of white tic-tacs a day. No joke! I also couldn't stand to brush much and additionally for some reason they would settle my tummy--but only for the time it was in my mouth.

The ladies at CVS knew me by delivery because I was in every few days to refill Zofran and buy every tic-tac in the store. In fact, the absolute best get well gift I got was a case of tic-tacs from my cousin.

Sadly, the tic-tacs and the acid from barfing made one of my bridges crack so I had that to deal with after baby.
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby Cheri » Jul 16, 2004 11:11 am

Talking about tic tacs. That brough back memories for me Clare. During pg #3 I knew things were getting bad when I was adding up how many calories I was getting from tic tacs in a day. I probably used up more digesting them than I got. :cry:
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby MamaLily » Jul 16, 2004 1:57 pm

Your posts make me think that maybe HGers ought to get in business of promoting new diets. The Tic Tac Diet could be on the top of the list. Think of the commercials now, "I ate 12 boxes of Tic Tacs daily and lost 10 pounds in two weeks!" :lol:
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to First Trimester HG