Upgraded from TTC to First Trimester!! Woo-Hoo!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Upgraded from TTC to First Trimester!! Woo-Hoo!

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 19, 2004 11:30 am

I'm so excited! I thought we weren't pregnant, but we went away for the weekend, to the ocean, and came back to realize that my period was officially late over 3 days! So, what I thought was my MP, was actually just some spotting. Took a test as soon as we got inthe door at home,a nd boom! Immeidate Positive result! I am floored!

Praise God! We're pregnant!

I feel great, I'm being positive, I'm prepared, and I'm so thankful that it happened our first month trying! So now I have to get a Drs Appnt, and start to read more from you ladies here!!

Woo-Hoo!

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Jul 19, 2004 1:20 pm

WOW!!
Congratulations to you both Christy (or should I say all 3?!!!). What fantastic news - first month of trying and everything. I'm so pleased for you - have been following your posts over the past few months. man - you guys have been through A LOT!!!
Well - try to enjoy the first few weeks. Hope you're not so darn tired you can't get to the message boards :D
I will definitely try to start posting some uplifting encouraging words when (if) things get hideous.
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 19, 2004 2:55 pm

Thanks for the congrats! I am so tired! I wonder if it's my mind, but I"m starting to feel hormonal?! Weird. Now i have all these concerns. LIke, no more morning coffee (perish the thought, i'm addicted) ... worthy loss. And, no diet sodas, because I guess the aspartame isn't good? OK, so we went to the grocery store, and got some wheat thins and cheese, some cereal, some 7-Up. Lots of frozen foods, I love tator tots, so i'm banking on them being a lifeline when I'm outta options, or just anohter staple item I love, continue to love, and hopefully will love while pg.

I'm so excited! I have a drs appnt on Aug 9th. I am guessing I'm 5 weeks along? I'm nt sure. But I'm just so so so happy to be here.

Christy
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Cheri » Jul 19, 2004 5:01 pm

Congratulations Christy!

That is wonderful news!!!!!!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 21, 2004 5:41 am

I want to report that I am doing really well. I found out we're pg on Monday, and yesterday, I began eating all day long, small healthy snacks, It helps to have something in there all the time. Last night, I was laying in bed reading, and started to feel nauseas, so I had some cheese and crackers. I can't bear to smell the pantry, but since I scrubbed out the fridge, it's bearable to be in there.

So, so far, it's keeping food in thre that's helping. I woke up this morning, and started to cry, because I am just so happy that God's allowed us to conceive. And, He's giving me strength and hope this round. I feel connected already with this child. It's amazing how just knowing they're in there, can make you feel so warm and loving. I noticed that I've slowed down a bit, I feel more special, and I'm on edge, ready to cry or scream at the drop of a bat.

My first couple days knowing, and I"m emotional. It is a good thing. Remind me of these moments later on, when I"m complaining.

Christy -- I might be 4-5 wks pg.
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Jul 21, 2004 6:46 am

Hi Christy
Glad things are going ok at present. I like the way you said you had scrubbed out the fridge and then in the next para. that you had slowed down! What do you do when you're not taking it easy?!! :shock:
So have you been taking the B6 / Unisom combo? I read somewhere that it is best to nip the nausea in the bud before it gets out of control.
So do you know what you due date is?
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 21, 2004 8:27 am

I know, I am the opitome of contradictions. I did the fridge before we found out we were pg. So that was a place I figured i could do without retching later on. An investment.

I had my frist bout with nausea, when we went to get our new car. We bought an '05 Ford Escape, early this morning. and the minute I walked in the door, it hit me, that smell... I immediately felt terrible, and felt a wave come over me, like last time. it freaked me out, and i got really paranoid that i'd be starting a cycle. WELL, i told hubby, who started to freak out with me. then I said, let's just not talk about it, i'll be ok.

We got inside, I held my nose, and told our dealer friend I'm pg, like we'd wanted, after the congrats, i noticed i had some gum in my purse, that strong ice breakers kind... i had some of that, and the overwhelming minty taste drowned out the smells in the room, and before oyu knew it, i was better.

Thank God. Then I got here to work, and ate a roast beef sandwich from the box of picnic lunches form yesterday. My tongue feels numb, so weird. And i have all this saliva, and i'm bloated, and i'm hormonal.. yep, i'm preggers!

I woke up this morning, very emotional, and very teary-eyed, grateful.

OK, so I"m sending hubby to fill the Zofran script, and I wanna know, what kind of Unisom should he get? there's the gel caps, and that's diphenhydramine, but the tablets are doxylamine... so, which one do I need, and what dose?

When should I taek the combo Unisom and B6? Should I start it NOW, o that the drowsiness can be overcome early? Let me know. I know there's a post on it, so I'l check it out, but some info form you will be good also.

I'm on white toast for breakfast, and I discovered tasty decaf coffee. Yesterdays Raspberry tea was too fruity for me. I want coffee!

OK, my novel is over for now.
ME
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Jul 21, 2004 5:40 pm

Hi Christy
Are you still working? Are you full time? I hope you're employers will be sympathetic if you're really sick.
Ok, I looked for the info. on these forums about B6 and Unisom but I couldn't find it. It has been posted more than once too - maybe I am going blind. Anyways, so I pulled this off the Blooming Awful website (the main UK HG site). It says that you can take B6 anytime and that you don't have to wait before you start feeling nauseous to take it. It recommends it be taken in smaller, frequent doses. In the UK, they say up to 50mg daily but according to B.A they have been told anecdotally that in the U.S. you can take up to 250mg daily. Don't quote me on any of this because I am not a Doctor. Because I can't find the article I can't say about the Unisom. Over here, it seems to me that they recommend you buy certain cold / flu remedies which has Unisom as an ingredient(something to do with it being an anti-histamine). Hmmmm.
Sorry I can't be more helpful but if I come accross the main article, I will tell you where it is!
When I was pg and sick, sick, sick as a dog, soooooo many people kept trotting out the line: 'ah, but the baby will be worth it in the end'. Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! It made me want to scream if only I'd had the energy (lol). I could have killed them it made me that mad and I KNEW that it just wouldn't be. It couldn't possibly be. So, I tell you this before you get sick and you want to rip me to shreds. They are worth it!!!!!
Ok, that's it for now
Take care
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 22, 2004 6:41 am

Hey Girls, I wanted to check in this morning, before i head to work. I am a Full Time Teacher, Special Ed, at a non public school. I have 9 kids, and 2 assistants. I'm spoiled, but its' still a struggle, since these kids have diagnosis' and behavior problems. They're here, because public school can't handle them. So I get cussed out every day. I had to inform one of the security guys that I"m pregnant, because one of my students threatened ot punch my lights out. NICE!

My employer knows I"m pg now. One of the members of admin. is TTC, has some infertility problems, and i believe that she might have had hg, but she doesn't think so. Sounds familiar....

Anyway, she's supportive, and even though I haven't been there long enough ot qualify for FMLA, should I need it, she will advocatre for me, so that even if I have Leave without pay, i'll be safe, with my job. So, she's on my side, understands completely. That's a huge burden off of me. We took this risk of TTC, knwing that i might lost this job. and it's worth it... no matter how much I love my job, haivng a family is more important.

I'm experiencing some symptoms: supernose, increased saliva, bloating, i'm super tired, I can't stand the smell of cooking food, my students smells (ick!), and other things. my boobs are getting bigger, that's a plus! I am eating around the clock, to avoid ever getting nauseaus (fat chance) but I am learning some small things that help:

1.extra minty gum
2.those little oatmeal and fruit bites
3.i'm going to take B6 at lunch now also (so that's 3 a day)
4.keep drinking, even if it's sips all day long
5. allow myself to be irritable.

So far, so good. I am truly grateful that I feel this good, right now. 5 weeks.

Christy
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Jul 25, 2004 3:54 pm

Christy-

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Keep us posted.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 25, 2004 7:25 pm

Hey there! I am entering my 6th week, and feeling great! We just had a BBQ weekend wiht my family here at our place. Family from all over, lots of food. I didn't do well with the smells, so I was on the deck visiting, while hubby and others helped in the kitchen. Once the fod was cooked, I was able to handle the smells.

I have to tell you, I am amazed that i feel so well! I am so tired, so today I'm crashed out in bed, like a lazy butt. I also have been freaked out by the weird pains I get, followed by the realization it's gas.... so, even knowing that, it still freaks me out, when I get those cramps.

I can't face lettuce, or broccoli, veggies in general. I've got this system. We cooked a whole bag of French Fries,a nd in themorning, i grab like 3 or 4 and I eat them first thing. Then I have breakfast a little while later. I eat all day long, and enjoyed potato salad, french fries. It's the carbs that I feel are keeping me from nausea, as well as the B6 3x per day. I am drinking Sprite, and water. I can't face coffee, even decaf. Smells are terrible to me. But, I haven't vomited, and I"m clear of nausea so far.

Tell me, do the hormones get higher and higher, and when should I feel like I've come into the clear? i hear a couple ladies here saying they are well. Must be a smallminority of us, doing well up front. Praying I stay well!

Going into the 6th Week, Positive and Healthy.

Christy
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Jul 26, 2004 9:01 am

Christy -

I know the hormones continue to climb until week 12 then begin to level off. Just keep on top of what your body is feeling - don't try to tough it out. I am in the 2 week wait to know if I am pg or not - torture in itself. Keep us posted.

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby Libbee » Jul 26, 2004 5:09 pm

Christy,
I just wanted to say how excited I am for you and your hubby! (((hugs)))

Try to keep that positive outlook, even when (thats read-IF!) you get bad again, you CAN do this and we are all here for you!

Did you get the Zofran filled? I have heard that it works best when you start it before you really need it and also when you are well hydrated.

Greatest of luck!
Libbee

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 26, 2004 6:27 pm

Thanks, this is a dream so far. I pray that it continues this good. I'm doing my Yoga, eating regularly, drinking and doing the vitamins thing.

I DID fill the Zofran, it sits on the kitchen window sill, waiting... hopefully forever. I have it here, as well as the Unisom hubby went out and got for me today. I am armed!

I see the doc on Aug 9th.

Please keep us in your pryers.

Christy
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Hello

Postby kitty_doc » Jul 28, 2004 5:16 pm

Christy,
I posted to a couple of the other gals who are newly pg and wanted to say that this is my 4th HG pg and I felt really well (worried because I felt too well...) until about 7wks. I am now 10w6d and feeling yucky most of the time and taking Zofran 8mg twice a day to get through. I am also on Unisom at bedtime, B6 2-3 times/day and Zantac 75mg twice a day. One other thing that I am taking that helps is Gas-X which I noticed helps if I can get the gas out of my tummy--if there is lots of gas, I feel more nauseated. So, I was hoping that I wouldn't have HG this time, but I do. the good news is that I haven't actually vomited this time (but of course I would if i wasn't taking all this medicine) and I can keep hydrated and keep eating. I was so sick with my last pg (until 34wks) and this is so much better, so the meds and prevention are definitely helping in my opinion! Best wishes!
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

Return to First Trimester HG