i hate hg and the people who don't understand

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

i hate hg and the people who don't understand

Postby halgal427 » Jul 21, 2004 6:06 pm

well OK i don't hate the people but it does annoy me like crazy how people can be so ignorant. i went to the ER on sunday for fluid and iv zofran and my dr's office never called to follow up. then i had an u/s on monday and the good news is that the baby is great w/ a strong heartbeat. the blood clot has gotten smaller but is still there. the u/s tech said that my drs office was closed, too early, and would call to follow up later that day. no call. i called that day and left a message said that i needed to set up home health care and ask about u/s and to please call me back. NO CALL! i called later that day at 5 of 5 pm and talked to the nurse who said to take oral zofran and i told her i was already taking oral zofran and was in the er on sunday. she said she would call about the home health care and call me back...no joke, she never called back. the next day at about noon i get a call from the home health care company to deliver the supplies. i had no idea what was going on because the nurse never called to tell me.

the home health nurse came and did an IV not a midline that evening. today i called the dr again to see why i had an IV instead of a midline even though i was instructed to do an iv everyday w/ zofran for a week? fianally she just called me at 5:30 and siad that i shoud do the fluid and oral zofran and iv zofran if i need it. this is a long story but she kepy saying that the zofran w/ my prenatal vitamin will knock out the nausea so i won't need a line. she also told me to eat. i was like....duhhhhh. she was an idiot reading from a text book. i hate that. i kind of went off on her because she said she "knows how i feel". anyways i told her i need to speak to my dr, who seems to be more willing to help then the nurses. she said i can have an apt. on monday. i hope things go better w/ my dr.

sorry for the vent but this whole thing is so dumb. i am maybe 7 weeks pg and trying to get by with a regular IV and heprin lock is silly.

thanks for listening
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Postby emily » Jul 21, 2004 9:18 pm

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear about all of that. I know how frustrating it is to feel like that. I hope things start going more smoothly for you. I will keep you in my thoughts. Take care!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 22, 2004 12:35 am

Hello Kim,

I'm just writing to everyone today it seems. Well I just wanted to tell you that I know all too well how frustated another persons ignorance can be. I go to a clinic and we are assigned to one of the dr's there, so far I have seen all of them. I like one but he still doesn't understand hg as well as I would like. I went to another dr 2 wks ago. He didn't perscribe me anything for hg but let me know my baby was okay, I was cramping. I was giving medication for a UTI and was also told to go back to work. So now I am looking for another dr. I went to the er 2wks ago, the day before going to see the dr. and they just seemed so ignorant, I was so weak and sick. I ended up leaving because I was told that they had no room for me and didn't know when I would get in. I was so mad, I wanted to tell them off but I just left. Then I got charged for them taking my temp and blood pressure. I said if I knew they were going to do that I would have went to Rite-Aid, a drug store, and taken my own blood pressure and used my own thermometer from home. I was so mad. But now I just feel sorry for those people because one day they're going to treat some one so wrong and that person is going to be of a higher authority and they're going to regret the way they treated others. Well I hope you find some kind of understanding from your doctor and nurses or you find better ones. In the mean time I will pray for you. I think I'm praying for everyone too. But that's what God has me here for, whether you believe it or not. I pray for the best.

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

Postby halgal427 » Jul 22, 2004 8:07 pm

emily - thank you for your kind words of support. i'm sure it will all get worked out. this place is great because it is the one place where everyone understands. thanks - kim

valerie - i'm sorry to hear about your whole ordeal. that must be so annoying and miserable. it doesn't help the whole hg problem when you can't find quality care. it is hard enough to deal with hg nevermind dealing with dummies. i hope you find the care you need and deserve. it must be so hard for you. i think my actual dr is willing to work with me so i am hopeful of that. you can't even find someone half way desent. i really hope you can find someone out there to help you. iw ill keep you in my thoughts. thanks and best wishes,
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Return to First Trimester HG