Yippee!! I'm Pregnant!

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

Yippee!! I'm Pregnant!

Postby SusanElder » Jul 22, 2004 6:50 pm

HI All!

We found out Friday Night that we are pregnant! It was a shock since it was our first month trying! We joke about names for the baby though since we conceived while on vacation! We were on a cruise in Alaska and my husband got sick so we joke about having a Norwalkie or Norwalka since the Dr's on the ship said he had the Norwalk virus. He really didn't but that is another story! I also promise that we will not name the child either of those names!!

I know we are due on March 26th so it will be an easter baby I believe! I have aready called the Dr and was amazed at how they jumped up and started ordering all sorts of appointments and tests! This is a different Dr than last time and the difference is unbelieveable! I had my first HcG test yesterday and go in tomorrow to see the nurse for the medical history and then lab tests (prenatal panal, thyroid, and HcG and who nows what else)! Then I see my Dr on the 29th (next Thursday) to go over all the tests get a zofran Rx, if I don't get it tomorrow, and to go over next steps!

I have already been on B6 and went to 3 times a day when we found out. I am looking at starting the unisom soon. I have to look back at the ACOG notes to see when to start it. So far I am feeling great. Just tired once in awhile. I have had a few times were I thought I felt a bit queasy but I can't tell if it is my mind playing tricks on me or what - so I am going with my mind thinking too much! We are keeping our fingers crossed that things go much smoother this year.

Fortunately I don't start back to teaching until the 20th of August so I should know if HG will be a part of my life or not. I am praying not!!! I have told my parents already - my mom guessed last weekend, she can read me too well! We are telling his parents on Saturday. We don't plan to tell anyone else until the end of the first trimester unless we have too. It was too hard last time when we lost the baby to tell everyone.

Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies! My prayers and well wishes go out to everyone! :D
Susan

Lost #1 10/15/03
TTC in July '04 and praying things are different! Update: We are pregnant! I am due March 26th!
SusanElder

Postby Natalie » Jul 22, 2004 7:03 pm

Congratualtions to you Susan. Wow! there are some fertile people around these boards!!!! :lol:
I was just re-reading one of your old posts - does this mean that you aren't going to have the ankle op.?
Natalie.
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby SusanElder » Jul 22, 2004 7:10 pm

Yep! I got out of surgery!! The Orthopedist was surprised when he saw the MRI and it was not as bad as he thought! :D :D :D Needless to say I was thrilled! Ijust have to be careful and continue to do the strengthening excerises!
Susan

Lost #1 10/15/03
TTC in July '04 and praying things are different! Update: We are pregnant! I am due March 26th!
SusanElder

Postby mom2matt » Jul 22, 2004 7:18 pm

First congratulations!! Being prepared for HG is always good!! Well wishes go out to you~~~ .
In keeping with the Norwalk theme..., how about Noah for a boys name and Noelle for a girl..than again, it might be twins..lol..we had a boy and a girls name picked out than went crazy trying to come up with an extra of each.!

Good wishes to you!!

Shlby
Matt 10/01 HG5W

Nicholas (angel 7/19/04)
Adam (due 1/27/05)
mom2matt

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 27, 2004 5:23 am

Congratulations! How exciting! We, too, conceived first month trying. WE ARE DUE MARCH 25th~~ stick with us honey, cause we're living parallel lives right now!

Blessings and Can't wait to hear about doc appnts, and how great you're feeling!

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Congratulations

Postby kitty_doc » Jul 28, 2004 5:03 pm

Hi, I'm Julie and I am in the midst of my 4th HG pg. I am 10w6d today. My HG started much later in this pg and is the mildest of the four. My last pg was horrible and I was sick and on Zofran until 34wks. I did not start feeling bad until almost 7wks this time and it has been fairly mild until the last couple of days which I would call moderate. I actually have not vomited at all this time which I attribute to starting on the B6 and Unisom BEFORE the nausea began and I am also taking 75mg Zantac twice a day to keep acid down. I was taking the Zofran once a day (8mg) for a while, but this week I am up to twice a day. My nausea only goes away while I am sleeping, so I LOVE to sleep! I wish you well with this pg and believe that if you take measures to prevent or lessen the nausea and vomiting, you will do better this time. Best wishes!!
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 28, 2004 5:14 pm

Major congratulations! My little girl was conceived in Playa del Carmen, Mexico so for a time I wanted to name her Carmen. Ultimately, I'm glad we didn't because it would NOT have fit her. Good luck throughout the coming weeks!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 31, 2004 10:07 am

Hi Susan! just wondering how you're feeilng right now. I know we're at the same place right now, about 7 weeks. So, let me know how your week went ok? I'm thinking bout you.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 04, 2004 1:08 pm

Hi Susan!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Just checking in to see how you are doing at this point, and what your next plans are if HG kicks in worse.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG