7 Weeks and Alive

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

7 Weeks and Alive

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 31, 2004 7:20 am

Morning Ladies! I"m checking in with ya. So far, I"m golden. It's amazing. I"ve been doing my B6 thing, and I"m eating just about hourly. I"m eating high carbs, and have gained probably 10 pounds these last few weeks. My drs appnt is Tueday, so we'll get more info then. BUt I'm realyl praying, really doing what I can, to avoid the sickness.

I haven't had the nausea at all. I don't let me stomach get empty. That means I'm always eating, and always on the toilet, and always gassy. I'm doing Yoga, and sleeping when I'm tired, which is a lot! But I get up and eat. Seems to be the magic bullet for me this time around.

I know it's not popular to report this, but I wanted you to know how I am, and I wanna make sure you know that i'm beign hopeful still.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Re: 7 Weeks and Alive

Postby RebeccaM » Jul 31, 2004 10:52 am

HdGAMom2B wrote:I know it's not popular to report this, but I wanted you to know how I am, and I wanna make sure you know that i'm beign hopeful still.
Christy

On the contrary! I love hearing positive stories like this. I hope, hope, hope that you can completely beat the HG! I'm crossing my fingers for you that the next few weeks are also sick-free. :)
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby MamaLily » Jul 31, 2004 4:29 pm

Christy -

:lol: I couldn't be happier for you! Oh, wouldn't it be great if you didn't get sick? My fingers are also crossed that you'll remain healthy...keep us posted.

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby carriedodson » Jul 31, 2004 8:15 pm

Hey Christy,

Glad to hear your news. Keep it up and maybe it will be contagious for all of us!
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby emily » Jul 31, 2004 9:54 pm

I think it is wonderful as well. You know, the first pg.... I started feeling so sick and thought I had a bug of some sort in addition to being pg, and so I didn't think as much about the ramifications of not eating and not drinking, and then I got so sick so quickly, I never could get back. So, I am hopeful if I stay on top of it as best as I can. But, I also know how sick I was no matter what I tried or wanted, so a lot of it is in fate's hands as well.

Anyhow, thanks for a positive post. This board gets me dreadfully down and questioning whether or not I really want to tempt HG fate again, so you are an inspiration!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

good news

Postby kitty_doc » Aug 01, 2004 12:28 am

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that your preventative treatments are probably keeping the HG away or at least delaying it. I did not feel my HG come on until right at 7 wks this time (my 4th HG pg) and it has not been bad at all in comparison to my last pgs. Believe it or not, I am almost 12 wks and have not thrown up one time!! If I was not on the Unisom, B6, Zantac and Zofran, I would be a mess, but the meds are really keeping things in check for me. There are times I feel yucky, but nothing like previous pgs. One thing I have DEFINITELY noticed is that the more well hydrated I am, the better I am feeling. If I get the least bit dehydrated, I will have a really bad day and that can lead to more bad days, so if I feel rotten, I make a point of drinking a lot and eating watermelon. Also, I am trying really hard not to get too constipated as you probably know the Zofran can really be bad for that on top of the high progesterone levels. So, I am also eating a lot of bran and taking Senecot with stool softener in it and it helps. (sorry if TMI). Anyway, I wanted to encourage you that feeling good is possible in pg even when you are used to feeling horrid when pg! I pray that you will keep feeling well, but it sounds like you are armed and ready if you get that familiar feeling creeping in! Best wishes!
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

MS has come

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 02, 2004 5:31 am

Tihs weekend, I thought I was beginning to feel crummy, but figured it was just fatigue. I'm always tired, and it seems that sleeping does not solve the problem.

But last night, after raving about how great I've been feeling, the wave of nausea hit me hard, and it scared me. I have my Zofran should I need it, and I didn't want to start that yet. BUT, I first tried some tums -- small ammo before the bigger guns. After a half hour, I was not better, and I can't be laying in bed, praying for the next 6 weeks. So I took the Zofran. I felt better within a half hour. Totally NOT nauseas. What a blessing modern medicine is! But that episode reminded me that in a flash, my hormones will double, and I could be head first in the porceline throne.

I need to continue to drink lots of fluids. I haven't been so good about that. AND, I was reminded that when you feel nauseas, the last thing you wanna do is eat, but that's what your body needs, a stady flow of food. That is SO hard to figure out,a nd follow through with. Forcing the food.

I"ll start to take the 8mg of Zofran 2x per day, and hope to get thorugh tihs with that plan in place. Tomorrow if my drs appnt, and i'll mention everything to them. I sure thought I was safe.... but hormones are strong, and I am so glad I have this Zofran to save me.

Christy
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Re: MS has come

Postby MamaLily » Aug 02, 2004 4:02 pm

Christy -

I'm sorry to hear that the nausea is hitting you, but glad to hear that you responded so well to the Zofran. Wouldn't it be great if you could really stay on top of the nausea?

What did your doctor say today? Did you hear the heartbeat? :) Keep us posted...

- Anna

P.S. You wrote:

HdGAMom2B wrote:I can't be laying in bed, praying for the next 6 weeks.

I just want to add that I did exactly this for months at a time. It was not pleasant, but I got through it! And so could you, if you had to. I really think your proactive care is going to keep you far away from this!
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Joci6 » Aug 02, 2004 7:42 pm

Christy-

Whatever you do - make sure you sip, sip, sip all day long, eat ice pops, ice chips, sno cones, etc... It's easy to get dehydrated even if you aren't vomitting because you are too nauseas to drink anything and that could start the vomitting. Hang in there - I am testing in three more days to see if I'm pg ( that's if I don't get AF by then). Keep us posted!!

Sandra

1st pregnancy - moderate HG weeks 6-25, son born 6/22/99
2nd pregnancy - NO HG, son born 8/15/01
3rd pregnancy - SEVERE HG, therapeutic termination at week 10 due to poor medical care.
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby carriedodson » Aug 02, 2004 9:22 pm

Christy,

All I can say is don't be afraid to take that zofran. I can not express what a huge difference this pg is so far. I am 8 wks along and have been on 24 mg zofran since 5 wks. With my daughter Katie, I had a reglan pump at 6 weeks and a 4 day hospital stay. I could not even swallow a zofran. I don't know think I could function without it and look after my little noodle. I keep telling myself oh maybe I don't need it and then as soon as I get around the time for my next dose I realize I must be crazy to chance it. I hate that reglan pump I love being able to shower without saran wrap. I love not having to hear beeps in the middle of the day night, etc. I love not having any more nerve damage in my leg from all the stupid pricks and pokes. I want this pg to be different. We have to be proactive. Don't let yourself get in a pattern. Take is as soon as you feel nauseous and you will stay out of the ER and the hospital. Hugs!
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby Joci6 » Aug 04, 2004 7:39 am

Christy-

How did your dr.'s appt. go? Hope everything is going well!

Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

Postby HdGAMom2B » Aug 04, 2004 8:24 am

OK, here's teh details of my first doc appnt, yesterday:

We met with the Midwife, and she was very nice. I like her a lot. We discussed our previous pregnancy, and she knew what we are doing this time, to avoid all that drama. She dated me at 6w4d, making Fridays the turning point each week. So Friday, I'm officially 7 weeks.

I wanted an ultrasound so badly, but she said she doesn't do that first visit. BUT, she did something rally amazing for us. She did my pelvic exam, and she reached WAY up there, and pushed past my cervix, and pushed my uterus all the way up to the top of my abdomen, so that Chris and I could feel it in my stomach. That was amazing! She said, this orange sized uterus, in the next few weeks, will make it's way out of your pelvic bone, and towards the top of your abdomen, and that's when yo start to show. I can't wait, actually.

Um, what else? Oh, we're due March 24, 2005. I was one day off. Doesn't matter anyway. She said they don't let you get more than one week past your due date, that's comforting to know! I chose to stay with the Midwives, because I can get all the same care, with a more personal touch. And if the docs are needed for consult, they'll be there. I'll have the whole office at my disposal, but primarily will be meeting with the Midwives. I really like them. I got a book, some magazines on Pregnancy, my prenatal vitamins, and all that jazz. So far so good. my next appnt is Sept. 3rd.

I'm forcing myself to eat all day long, and the Zofran seems to be working for me. It is a mental CHORE for me to get up each day, and go to stinky smelly work. But by the end of the day, I usually feel pretty good. I literally have to talk myself into feeling well sometimes.

Positve Positve Positive!

Christy
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 04, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi Christy!

Have been reading up on your progress today, and things seem to be well. Do not forget to be proactive, and that despite how positive you can be that HG is still a physical condition, not a mental one, and that if it's going to get worse, you'll have to fight it physically.

You are doing a top notch job! Hydration is so vitally important, and do not forget to pace yourself. Get the rest you need, it really DOES make a difference, sometimes less and less of a difference, but I'm a firm believer, and have seen over and over and over again how lots of little things add up, and you can add up hydration and rest and Zofran/Unisom/B6 to total good things, or you can add up the lack of them + HG towards spiraling into the HG pit we all know and hate. It is a constant mental battle to keep yourself on track and on schedule w/ meds and liquids, but it is so very worth the effort. You really can get through this! You already are 7 wks - only 33 wks left until you have a baby, no waiting to find out when you'll be picked, no waiting to see if the birthmom may change her mind ~ this one is already yours.

Huge hugs, and keep me updated. August is looking way less busy, so I hope to be here to correspond with frequently.

How much B6 are you taking? The B6/Unisom/Zofran post is a sticky and always at the top of the First trimester HG forum.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Return to First Trimester HG