I'm alive, sick, but alive

Moms with HG in their 1st trimester.

Moderators: Kate, *Mel*, Natalie, janbabe

I'm alive, sick, but alive

Postby SusanElder » Aug 05, 2004 3:25 pm

HI All -

I am still alive which amazes me. I don't feel it at times but I am just taking one day at a time. I will be a full 7 weeks tomorrow and have an ultrasound on the 13th whcih I am looking forward to! I am currently take 50mg B6 3 times a day, 1/2 a unisom 3 times a day, and 4mg of zofran 2 times a day. I have also switched over to flinstones and folic acid.

I had an inservice to go to for the last two days and all I had to do was sit there and listen. It was hard though and I came home and got sick at lunch each day! Right now I seem to get sick once a day in the early afternoon. No fun but it is better that 6 times a day which is where I was last time for 7 weeks!

Please keep prying for me. I am slow on e-mail right now and hope to check it every other day or so. Please understand!
Susan

Lost #1 10/15/03
TTC in July '04 and praying things are different! Update: We are pregnant! I am due March 26th!
SusanElder

Postby Natalie » Aug 05, 2004 5:03 pm

Susan
Poor you! I do hope you start feeling a little better soon. You sound like you're being proactive with the meds so that is good. The 13th isn't very far away at all (although when sick with HG it feels like 13th of never - lol). Hopefully it will make you even more determined to grit your teeth and get through the awful-ness of HG for that iddy-biddy life that's growing inside you.
My wish for you is that you find/ have lots of lovely, understanding, supportive people.
Take care
Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby carriedodson » Aug 05, 2004 8:45 pm

Hey Susan,

Sorry to hear you aren't doing well. I understand about feeling gross and I understand about the inservice because I was a teacher before I had Noodle. Can you take more zofran? 16 mg might not be enough for you. Are you still vomiting or just nauseous? Also check the total amount of folic acid you are getting. you don't want it to be over 1000mcg. Flinstones usually have 400 and a folic acid supplement usually has 800 It can be bad if you take too much. Take care!
Carrie
Mommy of "Noodle" (5-19-03)
#2 edd 3-15-05
carriedodson
Welcomed Friend

Postby MamaLily » Aug 06, 2004 2:34 pm

Susan -

Just wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts. I agree with Carrie...try increasing your Zofran. It really might help. Are you staying hydrated? It's so hard to force down liquids when you feel horrible. Keep hanging in there!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby Ivydragon » Aug 10, 2004 9:47 am

Hi,

Just wanted to add that keeping your liquids and solids separate may help with that nausea, also you can up your Unisom intake. Taking a full Unisom at night may be helpful w/ 1/2's or 1/4's throughout the day.

The max on Unisom is 75 mgs, which is three Unisom tabs w/ Doxcilimine Succinate a day.

Huge hugs and keep us posted. Try to rest up when you can.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Natalie » Sep 03, 2004 4:02 pm

Hi Susan

I noticed that you ahven't posted for almost a month. In your last post you sounded pretty bad. How are you doing? I am guessing you are about 12 weeks now - is that about right?

Hope you are finding ways to manage not only the sickness and nausea, but ways to keep your spirits up

Take care

Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to First Trimester HG